• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Baseball News

I have to add, I had the chance to interact and talk with Donnie Sellers last (Sunday) and he is a very nice dude. Hope he does well in pro ball.

Baseball America ranked the top 100 college players eligible for the 2018 MLB draft, and Griffin Roberts is rated #43 while Johnny Aiello is #73. FWIW, Florida has the #1 (Brady Singer) and #5 (Jackson Kowar) college prospects. Florida needed the A games from both to squeak by the Deacs in the super-regional, which I think was just delayed by rain again.

Sure was. Was super bummed Wake didn't make it to the CWS. In the end I was sort of glad to see the team beat Wake win the whole thing.

Baseball America ranked the top 100 college players eligible for the 2018 MLB draft, and Griffin Roberts is rated #43 while Johnny Aiello is #73. FWIW, Florida has the #1 (Brady Singer) and #5 (Jackson Kowar) college prospects. Florida needed the A games from both to squeak by the Deacs in the super-regional, which I think was just delayed by rain again.

“...and they are teeing off on Kowar...” that super regional game 2 was awesome with 17 big hits. Go Deacs.

Very surprised to see Coach say Keegan is starting at 1b.

Looking at some of the freshman, seems that Bobby Seymour has some power.

I am surprised as well. After reading the fall reports, would have guessed Seymour to be the starting first baseman. Hope Maronpot will be able to cut down on his big strikeout numbers(has great power when he puts it in play obviously).

Wake gave the best team in the country all they could handle in Gainesville

W/O rain, I think the Deacs would have won. No one in their right mind schedule games in the mid afternoon in Florida at that time of year. Except ESPN :(

Back