• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the ELI5 Cambridge/Facebook reddit thread, and I still don't really grasp the gravity (as its being depicted by politicians and media sources) of this scandal.

I don't have anything else to add, except I didn't want to post this in the lectro-driven Tunnels thread.

I can’t remember a time when there hasn’t been Tab in their fridge but maybe there was a gap in the 2000s.

I read the ELI5 Cambridge/Facebook reddit thread, and I still don't really grasp the gravity (as its being depicted by politicians and media sources) of this scandal.

I don't have anything else to add, except I didn't want to post this in the lectro-driven Tunnels thread.

I guess I’m the same way in that maybe I don’t understand the gravity of it. It just seems more like a no shit thing that companies use the shit out of my FB data, including for political research.

fishing-trolling.gif

I guess I’m the same way in that maybe I don’t understand the gravity of it. It just seems more like a no shit thing that companies use the shit out of my FB data, including for political research.

The problem is that people will believe anything they hear without thinking critically.

I think the outrage is suppose to be that it was “stolen” through a data breach type action where if it was just freely written into the contract you sign, i.e Apple, google, your internet provider then it’s all good.

It also means you are dumb enough to think any of your online activities are safe, also dumb enough to use Facebook frequently, and finally dumb enough to then fall for targeted ad campaigns.

i think it's worth discussing how much freedom private entities have with respect to collection and usage of data and behavior with little to zero transparency or agency.

i don't think "people should know better" is a great take. we regulate interactions with commercial entities and the public in every sector for a reason.

What does Tab taste like? I don’t remember. Is it similar to RC Cola? Usually I remember tastes. When Hydrox made a comeback I immediately remembered that chalky taste.

i think it's worth discussing how much freedom private entities have with respect to collection and usage of data and behavior with little to zero transparency or agency.

i don't think "people should know better" is a great take. we regulate interactions with commercial entities and the public in every sector for a reason.

People should realize that's going on. They should realize that and choose whether or not to participate. They should realize that when they pair of shoes they've been looking at pops up on every webpage they view for three days that someone is going to do the same with political campaigns.

QUOTE=PhDeac;3078159]What does Tab taste like? I don’t remember. Is it similar to RC Cola? Usually I remember tastes. When Hydrox made a comeback I immediately remembered that chalky taste.[/QUOTE]

Bitter as fuck.

we're undergoing a lot of work to prep our email database and such for new EU privacy laws that are going into effect and they are way stricter than what we have here in terms of what you opt-in to receive and such

People should realize that's going on. They should realize that and choose whether or not to participate. They should realize that when they pair of shoes they've been looking at pops up on every webpage they view for three days that someone is going to do the same with political campaigns.

obviously we all have a responsibility to actually put on our seat belts and install ACFI outlets in our bathrooms, but we still have laws related to the behaviors

I miss Fresca. It appears they still make it. My dad's friend used to pound Burnetts and Fresca like it was his job. Probably still does.

Closest to the pin for a Fresca?

/coolstoryhansel

obviously we all have a responsibility to actually put on our seat belts and install ACFI outlets in our bathrooms, but we still have laws related to the behaviors

Okay, but as the laws catch up maybe you wouldn't want to fly through your own windshield or burn your house down.

What does Tab taste like? I don’t remember. Is it similar to RC Cola? Usually I remember tastes. When Hydrox made a comeback I immediately remembered that chalky taste.

Pairs nicely with a tortilla pizza.

I miss Fresca. It appears they still make it. My dad's friend used to pound Burnetts and Fresca like it was his job. Probably still does.

Closest to the pin for a Fresca?

/coolstoryhansel

my freshman roommate at Wake kept talking up this soda he could only get at home in Maryland and was gonna get his mom to send it to him. that soda? Fresca, as he finally revealed to me. available in every grocery store in Winston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back