• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXVIII: DEACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Townie sure spent a lot of time talking about how awesome Philly was. But he always had a lot of time on the boards to tell us. Now that he's moved from Philly, apparently he's too busy enjoying life to come back to the boards.

Lawrence Moten shout out in our game! I knew I was still watching for a reason.

I just remembered SHD’s ACC head coaches royal rumble hypothetical. Good shit.

Knowing that Lawrence “Poetry in” Moten and Randolph Childress were boys growing up somehow gives me a tiny glimmer of hope in this fucked up universe.

a lot of the people in this forum were boys growing up

Knowing that Lawrence “Poetry in” Moten and Randolph Childress were boys growing up somehow gives me a tiny glimmer of hope in this fucked up universe.

Etan Thomas, Syracuse and many NBA teams also wrote poetry.

Well before your time, Tom Meschery became a poet after retiring from playing for the Warriors (his number is actually retired). He was called The Poet Laureate of the NBA. If I'm not mistaken, he even studied poetry under a US Poet Laureate....and Meschery had a GREAT moustache...if he's still alive, he's got to be pushing 80.

The Josh Duhamel taco bell fries commercial is pretty fucking clever

I've always heard this is the best time of year for sales on TVs. True? If so, CT friends, select a TV for me.

What size?

I tend to avoid the latest, fanciest stuff and get something that was all the greatest/latest 1-2 years ago. Max budget I allow is usually 500 dollars or so.

What are you looking for?

Chat Thread CCXVIII: Professional Title

I love my 50-inch Panasonic and feel it is plenty big, but it seems like 65-inches is all the rage right now. I feel like that may be too big for a cozy living room, but may need to go look in the store.

Any features particularly important?

For me, I have a nice built-in space for 55-60 inch tv (don’t care about wall mounting), need a stand that fits on my platform sound bar, and need analog audio out. I think they all come with digital and optical audio out but I also want analog.

I’ve been very happy with my Sony LCD I purchased when I put my old Panasonic plasma in the basement for kids.

Looking quickly, a differentiating feature for the TVs I’d be looking at is high dynamic range, which adds about 170 bucks to the price within a brand. Anyone who knows, is that more of a real and noticeable thing or more gimmick?

I love my 50-inch Panasonic and feel it is plenty big, but it seems like 65-inches is all the rage right now. I feel like that may be too big for a cozy living room, but may need to go look in the store.

I've found the wirecutter to be pretty good about reviews.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-tv/

TLDR, if you are looking for a 55 inch tv, they recommend this one, though a new version will probably come out in the spring.

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-55P607-5...ch+4K+Ultra+HD+Roku+Smart+LED+TV+(2017+Model)

I got the 49” TCL and it’s p sweet, esp for the kiddos. Unbelievably low priced.

Etan Thomas, Syracuse and many NBA teams also wrote poetry.

Well before your time, Tom Meschery became a poet after retiring from playing for the Warriors (his number is actually retired). He was called The Poet Laureate of the NBA. If I'm not mistaken, he even studied poetry under a US Poet Laureate....and Meschery had a GREAT moustache...if he's still alive, he's got to be pushing 80.

Awesome stuff.

I often think of who would be at my five (living) person dinner table for good convo (RIP Johan Cruyff, sorry you couldn't make it; hang in there Donny Fagen, we'll get to it one day maybe; Bob Dylan -- permanent member), but I think my dream "passing around a j, reading poetry, talking early 90s hoops/sporting sock wear, sitting on bean bag chairs" -room would consist of Lawrence "Poetry In" Moten, Delino Deshields, and Exree Hipp. Tommy Meschery can come hang, too, if he's still with us.

Last edited:
My dream is still to get real baked and watch like, The Lord of the Rings, with Josh Howard. I feel like that would be very entertaining.

My dream is still to get real baked and watch like, The Lord of the Rings, with Josh Howard. I feel like that would be very entertaining.

"Fuck this fantasy [f-word] shit". Within the first 10 minutes.

Guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back