• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Skin in the game"

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
http://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/news/local_news/weatherford-teacher-dies-from-flu-effects/article_fc4f5dd6-d1d9-5bbc-9663-2d2c52a22998.html

"A second grade teacher at Ikard Elementary School, 38-year-old Heather Holland, died Sunday due to complications of the flu.

In addition to a classroom of second graders, Holland left behind husband Frank Holland, a 10-year-old daughter, and a 7-year-old son.

Holland fell ill about a week ago and planned to pick up flu medication but felt the $116 copay was too high, her husband said."

Quarterly reports will show that Heather did not utilize more health care than was medically necessary, thus cost sharing measures were successful.

Last edited:
Married couple couldn't afford a $116 copay? I imagine they could afford an ample amount of booze, however.

And she was previously healthy. So probably was a net contributor to her health insurance pool.

And she won't have to get old and become chronically ill.

A win all around!

Married couple couldn't afford a $116 copay? I imagine they could afford an ample amount of booze, however.

And their family cell phone data plan which should be just about that per month. But dem priorities doe.

With Ryan’s whole extra $1.50 per week speech, no Costco but I bet they can get it by...well you get the picture.

"Skin in the game"

The flu medication would not have saved her.

Last edited:

Pure speculation on your point, unless you would like to provide some evidence that none of us are aware of. Secondly, are you just trying to be a jerk or is this your natural affect?

Pure speculation on your point, unless you would like to provide some evidence that none of us are aware of. Secondly, are you just trying to be a jerk or is this your natural affect?

It’s all he has. In his warped mind, he thinks he is humorous.

Yeah Palma is a douche. There are two young kids in Texas who woke up this week without a mom. Show some fucking decency.

The Wall Street Journal article said she could have afforded the medication but decided not to buy it because she's frugal. Her husband bought it the very next day.

Last edited:
Yeah Palma is a douche. There are two young kids in Texas who woke up this week without a mom. Show some fucking decency.

The Wall Street Journal article said she could have afforded the medication but decided not to buy it because she's frugal. Her husband bought it the very next day.

This. I think this is about how dangerous the flu is. Not much more than that.

This. I think this is about how dangerous the flu is. Not much more than that.
No. Just no. This is about Tamiflu being a tier 2 drug and having a damn near 100 copay.

No. Just no. This is about Tamiflu being a tier 2 drug and having a damn near 100 copay.

Who gives a shit what tier it is? Clearly, it could have been a life-saving drug but it wasn't worth $116 to her. It isn't a weekly or monthly maintenance drug where you can run the flag up for aggregate costs. She died because she was too cheap or stupid to pay $116. That's on her, nobody else.

I know it's not 100% effective, but are elementary school teachers in Texas required to have a flu vaccination.

Who gives a shit what tier it is? Clearly, it could have been a life-saving drug but it wasn't worth $116 to her...

You're right. It's almost as if some medications are set at a price point where the health insurance company can predict that a certain percentage of people who are prescribed those medications won't buy them. Makes perfect sense from a business perspective.

Back