• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs to sweep Orangemen - 1:00 - CBS/ACC Network

Steph Crawford with the 30 footer. Need to go back to that one all second half.

So Crawford and Moore have 18 of our 21. I wish I was as bullish about the future beyond next year as some. Not nearly enough offensive talent on this team.

So this is the offense. Take an ill advised jump shot and pray that Doral cleans up the mess.

A halftime show of of good/great coaches is really salt in the wound. I'm as optimistic as anyone of Danny, but that half of basketball was horrible on every level, players and coaches. Very demoralizing as a fan.

Not that it matters now, but the refs should have given Crawford 3 FTs just for the very fact that 'cuse fouled him anywhere near the 3 pt line.

Of course that also means 'cuse only had 6 fouls in the half.

For those who think we can be a top 8 seed and win a game in the NCAAT next year, god bless you. John Collins ain't walking through that door.

Even if he did, that would still be an accomplishment. Collins can’t guard for shit either & he would just take Doral’s minutes who currently is Wake’s best player.

This. A black hole at the PF (or PG, depends on who you ask), no length in our guards, a complete lack of court vision or ability of our offense to react to the defense, when we try and play defense we don't communicate and are usually out of position. All season this team has looked rudderless, figuring it out while they're on the court with offensive possessions that usually look more improv than anything else.

Its a perfect storm of coaching and personnel, unfortunately.

If you watch NCSU, UNC, VA ,etc they play in the flow of the game, have good spacing and play as a team. That to me is on coaching. WFU this year usually looks like 5 players on a court together without any cohesion. I think the coaches are doing the best they can with what they have.

I don’t disagree with any of this. However, is it not clear to see that the coaches recruited and developed these players during the four years since they’ve been here? Yeah, the players aren’t where they need to be and the coaches are responsible for fielding a competitive team. Add that to their inability to coach and you have a disaster. No clue how anyone can defend this anymore.

I disagree a lot.

First 15 min it looked like we were in position to make shots and we were flat out missing. Chaundee was playing poorly so needed to sit for a minute and put in 4 guard lineup. We need to always have 2 of Doral/Sarr/Mitchell/TT in the game together. I wouldn’t mind seeing a little Okeke.

Holy hell...I saw that Syracuse only scored 31 in the first half and assumed we were leading. Then I saw our score...and it appears we made a last second 3 to even get to 21? Good times Deacon fans, good times.

I can’t wait for the Pitt game. We may actually look half way decent.

Sheeeesh couldn’t get too much worse than that half. Granted our 4’s were doing absolutely nothing of value, but I hate the 4 guard lineup with a passion. If we’re not hitting shots, I’d rather see us go with a defensive lineup and see what Chaundee, Chill, Moore, Sarr, Eggleston/Donovan could create offensively with height.

It's sad when I would rather watch cross country skiing than this shit.

I'm seriously considering watching "Divine Secrets of the Yaya Sisterhood", or "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants." I wanna try and get in touch with my feminine side so that I may better understand those who see nothing wrong with what we just watched and how the coaches are blameless for any of it. Perhaps I will learn some empathy and feel sorry for our mentally challenged brethren.

It's really interesting to hear these coaches sit around a table. I could listen to this all day.

Holy hell...I saw that Syracuse only scored 31 in the first half and assumed we were leading. Then I saw our score...and it appears we made a last second 3 to even get to 21? Good times Deacon fans, good times.

You should have seen that 3. So sick!

Back