• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Pitt AD and alumni $ have balls that we lack. They made the right move and didn't hesitate. Now they are looking to get Thad Motta.

Yeah, if Pitt goes and gets Matta given the state of their program, that would be a huge win for them. And Manning, Christian, and Pastner would be the clear bottom-barrel coaches in the conference.

Stallings is a miserable person and was a terrible hire (not Monday morning QBing, but the prevailing thought at the time); whatever coaching chops Stallings had, they were gone by the time Pitt offered him a 5 year deal for more than $2 million per. Pitt was bidding against itself as Vandy was ready for a divorce anyway, and other schools were not vying for Kevin Stallings. In addition to a bad hire for the program, it was an awful business decision when they hired Stallings. Pitt should've held out for better terms (which Stallings likely would've accepted) or hired literally any other candidate. It's not like Kevin Stallings was the missing ingredient to get Pitt past the early round NCAA tourney hump which Pitt found themselves in under Jamie Dixon. Remember the vacant arena for the Pitt/WF game? Stallings literally killed the Pitt program.

Yeah, if Pitt goes and gets Matta given the state of their program, that would be a huge win for them. And Manning, Christian, and Pastner would be the clear bottom-barrel coaches in the conference.

Putting Danny Manning in the same coaching "tier" as Jim Christian is a joke and offensive to Jim Christian.

Manning was/is the worst coach in the conference even when Kevin Stallings was still employed by Pitt.

Stallings would have won at least 15 games with the '17-'18 Wake roster.

Putting Danny Manning in the same coaching "tier" as Jim Christian is a joke and offensive to Jim Christian.

Manning was/is the worst coach in the conference even when Kevin Stallings was still employed by Pitt.

Don't let RChill hear you say that. You haven't set up the specific metrics necessary to PROVE Manning was/is the worst coach in the conference.

Weren't there people claiming that we couldn't fire Bzdaster in 2012 because, despite obviously being a shitty coach and human being, no one would want to be the WF coach if we did? Pitt's firing of Stallings seems pretty analogous, so I look forward to quality coaches shunning Pitt for their clear mistreatment of their now-former coach.

How will Pitt hire another basketball coach now?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

Pitt's vacant coaching position is more highly rated than Wake having Manning.

Meh. Christian probably is the better in-game coach, but he can't recruit (not that it's easy to recruit to BC), so I put a cap on his ceiling. Those 3 are in the same tier to me.

Pretty sure Christian has a top 100 kid signed from North Carolina.

UConn job will be open in about T-minus one hour.

Agreed, and I bet they get Hurley

They certainly should offer him - great mid-major success and awesome regional recruiting ties. But, I don't think it will be his only offer, Hurley is high on Pittsburgh's wish list and that just might be the better job.

And seems like he could do better than either if he waits.

If I were him I'd wait for the FBI dust to clear and he might be able to land a really, really, really good job

How will Pitt hire another basketball coach now?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

Pitt hasn't fired three coaches in this decade. If Wake fires Manning this year, that will be the case at Wake.

Pitt hasn't fired three coaches in this decade. If Wake fires Manning this year, that will be the case at Wake.

You think candidates would actually be put off because a program fired two sub 0.430 coaches after 4 years a piece?

Back