• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Wake Forest Basketball Coach...

coredeac

Reaction score
Let's focus on the future and not dwell on the past.

Wes Miller has been mentioned at least 1,000 times. Fair enough.

Who are the other contenders who can be on the Wake Forest short-list of coaching prospects?

How about a reality show where a different person coaches 2 games each to see who is the best? Then we can take the TV $ to splurge on a big name coach.

Ain’t happening this year so wasted breath.

Won't happen unless DM does the manly thing and resigns

A coach desperate enough to go to a school with an AD past retirement age?

THE DEFINITIVE LIST:

WES
Pat Kelsey
Thad Matta
Tom Crean
Nick McDevitt
Earl Grant
Nate Oats
Mike Young
LeVelle Moton
Micah Shrewberry

Earl Grant would be at the top of my list. His four year record at CofC is Clawson-esque.

Earl Grant would be at the top of my list. His four year record at CofC is Clawson-esque.

That’s what I want, I don’t care where they come from, somebody that can coach and knows how to win.

LOL. Thad Matta ain't walkin thru that door ... Tom Crean ain't walkin thru that door ... Maybe we can get Roy Williams!!!

This guy
vset68.jpg

Barring something really unlikely, best case for Wake next season is for Woodberry to get a HC offer and leave, opening a spot.
Some retired good bench coach and defensive teachIer agrees to take the assistant job because he is bored and wants a challenge.

I don't see Randolph leaving until Brandon graduates. He eventually needs to leave and apprentice under a top 10 coach somewhere, then become a head coach at a mid major.

Barring something really unlikely, best case for Wake next season is for Woodberry to get a HC offer and leave, opening a spot.
Some retired good bench coach and defensive teachIer agrees to take the assistant job because he is bored and wants a challenge.

I don't see Randolph leaving until Brandon graduates. He eventually needs to leave and apprentice under a top 10 coach somewhere, then become a head coach at a mid major.

Who’s going to want our assistant coaches as their head guy? Is Ron Wellman hiring for another school?

Who’s going to want our assistant coaches as their head guy? Is Ron Wellman hiring for another school?

Did you have a reading failure, and miss the "apprentice under a top 10 coach somewhere" part?

Did you have a reading failure, and miss the "apprentice under a top 10 coach somewhere" part?

I don’t see where you stated that about Woodberry. Nobody is hiring that guy. Or anyone off our staff.

Back