• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread Redacted: keep it like a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
One - I mapped out a system to get $15k/year in credit card bonuses the past few days. Free flights and hotels 4 life.

Two - After a year sans car (which I love, I walk to work and when not working I get to enjoy all the booze) the wife's nagging I finally pulled the trigger on the car that had been my dream car for the past 10 years yesterday and have managed to successfully spin it as her birthday present this Sunday, which I will surprise her with.

pretty cool. which cards are you churning?

It was a pretty recent one, Rudy Awakening, and the activist is Saru Jayaraman from ROC. Her rant wheel topic is tipping, and I believe she talked about it earlier in the episode as well. I don't know if it will tell you anything you don't already know since you've been thinking about the issue, but I thought she was compelling.

Thanks! It sounds vaguely familiar, so I may have listened to it before I was more immersed in the issue. Might have to go back and listen.

One - I mapped out a system to get $15k/year in credit card bonuses the past few days. Free flights and hotels 4 life.

Two - After a year sans car (which I love, I walk to work and when not working I get to enjoy all the booze) the wife's nagging I finally pulled the trigger on the car that had been my dream car for the past 10 years yesterday and have managed to successfully spin it as her birthday present this Sunday, which I will surprise her with.

Do you visit /r/churning before or after /r/asiansgonewild?

Care to share your system? I'd take a PM.

GifsPro-iddoldol002961-Happy-asian-woman-with-tablet-pc-and-credit-card.gif

pretty cool. which cards are you churning?

There's about 20 of em, since I can put my rent on a card it really speeds up the potential. Pretty much every airline and hotel chain out there. Fairly easily found just searching "biggest bonuses" Probably won't end up in any actual savings, I'll just end up travelling to SFO or SD for weekend trips more often for the hell of it. Probably takes about 2 years to go through each card, then you can have your SO do it for 2 years, and by the time you're done you can re-churn the chase cards that are 5/24.

I'll post a pic once I get home. Starting with the 5 chase cards subject to the 5/24 rule is the most important, especially since those 5 tend to have the highest bonuses.

How much time do you think you'll have invested in that 15k?

Took about 10-16 hours of research. Now the order of them is already set and you just pay your rent with a diff card every month. Should take a few minutes, tops, but not everyone can put their rent/mortgage on the card, that really is what makes it simpler. Although sure, I'll waste plenty of time figuring out what to do with said points.

time, but then also hitting minimums on everything by the necessary timelines to actually get the bonuses. I've timed new cards with big moves when I know I'll be purchasing a lot; I guess being able to put rent on there helps, but I can't help but think that's a lot of spending in only a few months to rack up the miles.

I can put my rent on a card, but it's 5% more to do so, which seems like it kinda defeats the purpose.

ok everyone, what is the best thing that's happened to you or to someone you know in the last week?

I need happy news, and I need this chat thread to deliver.

My 5 yo has a new bit. He sneaks around (terribly) and comes flying at you from your blind side for a sneak attack hugging. He then runs away with a look of pure pride and joy for a job well done.

My 5 yo has a new bit. He sneaks around (terribly) and comes flying at you from your blind side for a sneak attack hugging. He then runs away with a look of pure pride and joy for a job well done.

A young Hobbes?

ok everyone, what is the best thing that's happened to you or to someone you know in the last week?

I need happy news, and I need this chat thread to deliver.

Rambo successfully completed his first swim meet yesterday. Youngest kid out there but he balled out and started trying to kick some game to an older girl on the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back