• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore Hiring an Agent, Entering NBA Draft

I wish Doral luck but think this is a really bad decision for him.

Doral is saying the right things. but bottom line manning is having problems retaining players.

Exactly. It is very troubling that Manning had three bigs leave early after a total of 8 seasons and he only got high level ACC starter production from them in two of those seasons.

I thought the same thing when I read this. 35 g's is the starting salary for teachers in NC. Some posters are so far removed what life is actually like for the vast majority of people in the country that it is astounding.

Yeah but the difference is that a teacher starts at that salary and then can work an entire career, getting raises along the way. Doral will likely start at that salary, make about that much for a handful of years, and then have to quit basketball.

I would assume that by then he has not completed his degree, so now he has no savings to finish his degree with, and what is his plan for the next 30 years?

I hope for his sake that he knows something we don’t. Maybe he can make a few hundred k per year somewhere and save up some money. But to say that he is making a good decision because 35k is the median salary for some subset of people is just not a well thought out statement. Odds are that he would be much better served by staying one more year at Wake. I don’t see how anyone can argue against that.

I wish Doral the best but fully expect him to become a star in Euro league somewhere under the tutelage of Tibor Bialy.

then it's not a bad decision

Wait, wut? This is your criteria for whether a decision is a wise one?

Person A: “I think I’m going to win the lottery, so I am going to quit my job.”...

Person B: “Well, as long as you believe you are going to win the lottery, then it’s not a bad decision”

You realize that the median household income for black families in the US is $35k, right?

Guys, stop being so privileged. To the blacks, a $35,000 salary is a really big deal. I know because I have one that works for me and he's totally cool with me referencing that baseline every time he asks for a raise. It's a good fact-based reminder that helps him understand reality and helps me leave my privilege out of the equation. Win-win.

This is straight out of the "Obama isn't black" thread... Yeesh.

Shitty decision. Absolutely stupid. I think this says more about Manning than doral though. He needs another year to get in shape and stronger. He would get broken in two now in the NBA. No chance of him playing meaningful minutes for an NBA team. Now he is still developing. Makes more sense to do so under DM in that atmosphere than in a subpar situation without the support. Again he must be thinking the situation at Wake is beyond bad.

Guys, stop being so privileged. To the blacks, a $35,000 salary is a really big deal. I know because I have one that works for me and he's totally cool with me referencing that baseline every time he asks for a raise. It's a good fact-based reminder that helps him understand reality and helps me leave my privilege out of the equation. Win-win.

This is straight out of the "Obama isn't black" thread... Yeesh.

ITT: DCDeac gets triggered with facts.

Don't think it is true that it will be easy for him to return and get his degree. Assuming that he is no longer on campus, he has essentially then bombed out of this term and will be leaving on bad academic standings. Also he will have to pay full price returning to Wake. I put the odds he returns and gets a degree at less than 1 percent.

Don't think it is true that it will be easy for him to return and get his degree. Assuming that he is no longer on campus, he has essentially then bombed out of this term and will be leaving on bad academic standings. Also he will have to pay full price returning to Wake. I put the odds he returns and gets a degree at less than 1 percent.

So you’re saying there’s a chance!

If he has not already finished his degree, there is no way he comes back and finishes at Wake.

Wait, wut? This is your criteria for whether a decision is a wise one?

Person A: “I think I’m going to win the lottery, so I am going to quit my job.”...

Person B: “Well, as long as you believe you are going to win the lottery, then it’s not a bad decision”

It's not actually a bad decision, it's a bad data collection and probability assessment of the outcome of the decision. Also whether or not it's a bad decision depends on what Doral's objectives are, which we don't know.

It's not actually a bad decision, it's a bad data collection and probability assessment of the outcome of the decision. Also whether or not it's a bad decision depends on what Doral's objectives are, which we don't know.

thanks for saying it better than me

He is a really bad data collector then. If by some crazy chance he has the goal of making money in his lifetime and maximizing his nba basketball opportunity then his poor data collecting abilities also led to a poor decision.

I refuse to believe that Doral Moore's criteria for a successful life are different than those of the average poster on this message board - REFUSE!

Also, y'all know if Doral jets over to Europe, he's gonna be making a significant amount more than 35 g's, right?

He is a really bad data collector then. If by some crazy chance he has the goal of making money in his lifetime and maximizing his nba basketball opportunity then his poor data collecting abilities also led to a poor decision.

If only he had coaches who were familiar with professional basketball careers...

Oh.

Well then.

Back