• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Ultimate Snowflakes

Meh, that was pretty unprecedented as far as white house correspondence dinner roasts go, if you would like to post similar examples please feel free. I also agree they should suck it up and stop being whiners though.

It wasn't as shocking as the recorded footage of Obama's birth in Africa.

Meh, that was pretty unprecedented as far as white house correspondence dinner roasts go, if you would like to post similar examples please feel free. I also agree they should suck it up and stop being whiners though.

What was unprecedented? Stephen Colbert significantly elevated his career by roasting Bush and the Republicans at the 2006 dinner.

George W. Bush had a sense of humor though.

George W. Bush had a sense of humor though.

Right. Big difference. Trump had a sense of humor a few years ago when he did the Comedy Central roast.

Post similar examples to which part?

She had a lot of good lines in that speech. The Paris Agreement jokes were good, the Roy Moore joke was good and well delivered, the Bear Stearn Joke was hilarious. She started to lose the crowd with the "How broke is he?" jokes. I do find it funny that in her speech she pointed out that Trump him self dragged mainstream discourse and dialog into the gutter first, and now all these conservatives are so mad about her offensive material.

"Turns out the President of the United States is the one pussy you're not allowed to grab...he said it first...he did, remember that?

You Can't Bully These Motherfuckers

Bullying happens along a gradient of existing power and reiterates it. That’s the difference between bullying and a fair fight: The bully is bigger and stronger and safer, and wields those advantages over someone smaller and weaker and more vulnerable. Michelle Wolf got off some zingers at Sarah Huckabee Sanders’s expense at an ultra-exclusive social event entirely filled by people whose livelihoods Sanders holds in her hands. Beyond that, as a basic function of her job, Sanders enjoys access to the water main of American political consciousness unmatched by pretty much any living person not named Donald Trump—a privilege she uses only and entirely for the purpose of pumping poison into it, aided by a healthy plurality of the people in that room but not by Michelle Wolf. I doubt there is a forum in existence in which Wolf could do anything that would qualify as “bullying” the press secretary of the President of the United States, but even if there is, the fucking White House Correspondents’ Dinner isn’t it.

How is this any less aggressive than what Michelle Wolf did on Saturday? I guess she was more crass and used some swear words, but really Minhaj is doing a lot of the same jokes with a slightly more clever/sophisticated delivery.

She had a lot of good lines in that speech. The Paris Agreement jokes were good, the Roy Moore joke was good and well delivered, the Bear Stearn Joke was hilarious. She started to lose the crowd with the "How broke is he?" jokes. I do find it funny that in her speech she pointed out that Trump him self dragged mainstream discourse and dialog into the gutter first, and now all these conservatives are so mad about her offensive material.

"Turns out the President of the United States is the one pussy you're not allowed to grab...he said it first...he did, remember that?

Yeah it was pretty funny right up until the Southwest Airline Joke, then it never really recovered. I will say the Trump grabs pussy because he thinks there is loose change in there was a pretty good ending.

How is this any less aggressive than what Michelle Wolf did on Saturday? I guess she was more crass and used some swear words, but really Minhaj is doing a lot of the same jokes with a slightly more clever/sophisticated delivery.

Ummmmmm.... Because delivery matters? #density.

But...uuuuuuuummmm...what about content? That matters too, right?

See my earlier post where I said I didn’t think outside a couple of cringy jokes the content was that bad.

Like a doctor telling someone they are dying, delivery matters

Rabbit hole here, but Hassan Minhaj's speech at the 2016 RTCA Dinner was bad ass.

See my earlier post where I said I didn’t think outside a couple of cringy jokes the content was that bad.

Like a doctor telling someone they are dying, delivery matters

So Conservatives are upset because they don't like her schtick? That is her act, that's the way she does stand up. As she said in the beginning, they should have done their research on who they were hiring.

So Conservatives are upset because they don't like her schtick? That is her act, that's the way she does stand up. As she said in the beginning, they should have done their research on who they were hiring.

No conservatives are upset because they want to use every opportunity they have to rile up the base, pull people to the extremes, and entrench people on teams to the point where they no longer rationally evaluate situations and think critically. Welcome to politics in 2018.

My point was the comedy was bad.

I love the intentional density on here when it comes to tribalism.

Not to be all "sailor" on this thread, but you're the one being dense. There is nothing dense or even tribal about being annoyed by the hypocrisy of conservatives being all pissy about a crass comedian being crass while at the same time supporting a crass president and whining about how liberals are snowflakes. Conservatives should be annoyed by that hypocrisy too.

Back