• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Even more everyday racial discrimination!

I’m shocked that an HOA officer acted like an asshole . Who would have guessed that.

So much this. nobody assholes like HOA power junkies.

I don't like HOAs at all, but nobody likes it when some asshole parks his boat in the front yard for three weeks either.

Also, serving on a neighborhood pool board is generally a thankless job that winds up taking way more time than people ever imagine. This guy fucked up, but pool board and HOA board participation just went way down nationwide because nobody wants to get caught throwing the wrong person out of the pool and windup losing their job.

He did have the look of a mass shooter.

WTF are you talking about ? You are so full of shit. He's standing there with no shirt, sunglasses, kids milling around him, a backpack, and he's holding a sprinkler.

This is RJ's idea of what a mass shooter looks like. Advice to RJ, don't go to a pool, ever. Advice to everyone else, don't hire RJ to spot mass shooters.

ID-Adam-Bloom-racial-profiling-pool.jpg

If the dude was smooth at all he'd find a way to just meet people and figure out where they live.

Or, take down everyone's license plate and run their tags through DMV.

I think him getting fired from his job was very excessive for that

I agree, but then again, if he is out of his depth dealing with the responsibility of the neighborhood pool, then maybe its best for everyone if he takes a little time off.

If he had fucking apologized for being such an asshole he'd be fine. Granted, he probably wouldn't have meant it, but still, he can at least say it was a misunderstanding that he handled poorly at that point.

One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that RJ would be a terrible TSA agent. Probably pretty bad at every other job too.

I don't like HOAs at all, but nobody likes it when some asshole parks his boat in the front yard for three weeks either.

Also, serving on a neighborhood pool board is generally a thankless job that winds up taking way more time than people ever imagine. This guy fucked up, but pool board and HOA board participation just went way down nationwide because nobody wants to get caught throwing the wrong person out of the pool and windup losing their job.
For the life of me I just don't get the whole "neighborhood" thing. My mantra has always been," if I can't walk out back and pee, it ain't for me".

For the life of me I just don't get the whole "neighborhood" thing. My mantra has always been," if I can't walk out back and pee, it ain't for me".

Hence your name, DownEastDeac.

Awesome. Definitely something I miss about Down East living. Kinda jealous of those folks with those big houses on backroads with no one to bother them.

What’s “down east”?

Where my family is from, it’s places like Harkers Island, Otway, Marshallberg, Davis,etc.

The former Kinston Indians are the Down East Wood Ducks.

Reginald Fields, 12, is the owner of Mr. Reggie's Lawn Cutting Service. With several helping hands from his cousins, brothers and sisters, they are up with the sun every day working the neighborhood.

His customer, Lucille Holt, said she was confused when she saw police, but quickly learned the neighbors called to complain that the group cut a section of their property (about a foot where the two properties butt together) and were in their yard.

Reggie Fields said the police said nothing to him and the kids. He finished the job and felt a little discouraged.

"I was like, that's a shame. I didn't know," Reggie said.

https://cnn.it/2u1IbG3

Angus or someone else who mocks these incidents, can you explain to me why a white person should call the policy when a 12 year old mows a foot into their lawn? Why would you do something like that?

White Ohio family that called 911 on black boy mowing lawn calls police on him again July 4

Twelve-year-old Reggie Fields, CEO of Mr. Reggie’s Lawn Cutting Service, was among the kids invited to an Independence Day party and barbecue hosted by Lucille Holt-Colden, the black Maple Heights mother and grandmother who initially hired Fields to mow her lawn June 23.

Holt-Colden, her family and friends were eating a holiday meal in her front and back yards Wednesday when two police cruisers pulled up. They had been summoned via the local police non-emergency phone line by Randy and Linda Krakora, Holt-Colden’s white next-door neighbors, who had also called 911 on her and Reggie nearly two weeks earlier.

The Holt-Coldens moved to the neighborhood in October. This is the fifth time their white neighbors have called the police about them.

White Ohio family that called 911 on black boy mowing lawn calls police on him again July 4

The Holt-Coldens moved to the neighborhood in October. This is the fifth time their white neighbors have called the police about them.

Seems like some of these cases are more "willful harassment" than "scared white people" (although that distinction is probably somewhat blurry). That's why I'm hoping some of these people lose their jobs or are charged by the police-there are probably a few Trumpites who see these news stories and get an idea for a socially acceptable (to them) version of swatting.

It’s obvious that the real problem is that we allowed so many African immigrants into this country many years ago.

You know Africa didn’t send us their best people.

Back