• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What's the latest on Wolford and the Jets?

If he does play, over/under on how long it takes until the first "Wolf of Wall Street" comment?

Man this is awesome...all he needed was a shot. Practice squad is an attainable goal if he can prepare well enough and things go his way (i.e. the reserves playing offensive line not doing their best turnstile impersonation during the 2nd half). Just to have the experience of being with a NFL team for a year or more, working out, studying film, taking reps in camps could mean the world to someone like John, who has been playing football since he was a kid. Finance \ cap investment banking plans aside, it could at the very least be an avenue into coaching if he chooses that is where his passion lies.

Wake-Tulane or the Jets. No chance I'd ever go looking for the Jets game. Hopefully Wolford doesn't get injured. Wake/Tulane falls into the "unwatchable" category.

Not for College Fooball Fans.

Fritz and Clawson is a great matchup of two coaches on the rise. You can bet many an AD will be glued to the tube

Georgia finally has a season where they exceed expectations and Biff starts acting like WF football is beneath him. Wonderful !

Just keep buying those bowl tickets

Teams sometimes only carry two QBs but at worst he'll probably get practice squaded (unless the Jets like another QB that gets cut more).

Weird they didn't just keep Wolf on the roster throughout training camp knowing a Bridgewater trade was always a possibility if Darnold looked ready

I don't think it was an issue with confidence in Darnold so much as it was not expecting Bridgwater to looks so good as to become a legit trade target for other teams. They probably thought he would be mediocre at best, but had two strong preseason games in a row so they were like whoa let's get some value for this dude and find someone else to fill the 3rd QB role.

He was a solid QB before his injury. I mean people were talking about them trading him as soon as they moved up to #3 in the draft.

Just reading the tea leaves I have some doubt Wolf will wind up with the Jets. If he'd been invited to training camp I'd feel better about his chances. Still easily could wind up on the practice squad or maybe even the 53 man, but I don't think it's a lock

Yeah. Right now it looks like he’s fodder.

He was a solid QB before his injury. I mean people were talking about them trading him as soon as they moved up to #3 in the draft.

Just reading the tea leaves I have some doubt Wolf will wind up with the Jets. If he'd been invited to training camp I'd feel better about his chances. Still easily could wind up on the practice squad or maybe even the 53 man, but I don't think it's a lock

It's still the Jets, they don't exactly have a history of good fortune and certainly shouldn't plan for it. Odds were much higher that he would still be hurt, just flat out suck, or wind up tattooed on Todd Bowles' arm than he would return to his prior form and command trade value.

So I guess Darnold will still start since he's a rookie and needs live reps. By the time Wolford gets in, every player on the field will be playing hero-ball trying to make the roster. Hopefully he won't get hurt.

So I guess Darnold will still start since he's a rookie and needs live reps. By the time Wolford gets in, every player on the field will be playing hero-ball trying to make the roster. Hopefully he won't get hurt.

Speculation is that McCown and Wolford play and Darnold doesn't.

"Sam Darnold will be the Jets’ starting quarterback after the team traded Teddy Bridgewater to the Saints along with a 2019 sixth-round pick. In exchange, New York received the Saints’ 2019 third-round choice.

Don’t expect to see Darnold play in the Backup Bowl, though. The Jets signed John Wolford, an undrafted free agent out of Wake Forrest, this past Sunday. He should see plenty of snaps versus the Eagles."

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/30/pregame-storylines-entering-jets-preseason-finale-vs-eagles

Wake's Wolford with a beautiful 18 yard completion to Klempton's Leggett.

Back