• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

Also that taxpayer argument is laughable. He worked for taxpayers too and doesnt have any problem detaining some of them illegally.

I'm sure the alligators and snakes would stay in the moat and not spread out.

What a fucking idiot, that’s like the stuff I drew when I was like 8 years old. A fucking man child that no one tells “no”

Why no sharks with laser beams? Go big or go home, is something I've heard said that seems to apply here.

I think we're all missing the point about the moat. Let's look at how this will help Trump:

1. It's his first jobs bill to build it.
2. It will deflect away from other problems
3. By bringing gators from FL, it will create jobs in capturing them and also deflect away from climate change in FL. People won't be having gators in their pools as sea level rises.

And Liz Warren can be the face of this ad campaign since her family has personal experience with land theft.

Missed opportunity to make another scalping joke, Angus. Do better next time.

“The authors of the Fourteenth Amendment knew what America today seems to have forgotten: In a democracy, the people choose the government; the government cannot be allowed to choose its people. The drafters of that amendment tried to shield citizenship from politics by declaring that all those born or naturalized in the United States—whatever their race, their religion, or the immigration status of their parents—are U.S. citizens, period. And yet the country cannot seem to accept that whatever people may feel about their fellow Americans, they are all just that—fellow Americans.”

Republicans desperately want to strip citizenship from people they can’t control.

There are already alligators in the rio grande. It’s the western edge of thief natural range.

Worth posting the whole title since an important part gets cut off in the tweet:

A British family on vacation accidentally drove into the U.S. They’ve spent days detained with their 3-month-old baby.

The vacationing family says this was the moment their trip turned into “the scariest experience of our lives,” according to a complaint filed Friday to the inspector general of the Department of Homeland Security. Instead of being allowed to return to Canada or the U.K., Eileen Connors alleges that her entire family, including her 3-month-old son, ended up detained at the Berks Family Residential Center in Leesport, Pa., where they have spent more than a week living in “frigid” and “filthy” conditions. As of late Monday, Bridget Cambria, the Connorses’ lawyer, told The Washington Post that the British family was still at the center waiting to be deported.

On Friday, Connors wrote that her baby “woke up with his left eye swollen and teary” and his skin was “rough and blotchy.” Officials told the Connorses that their son was “a bit young” to be at the center, and if they wanted they could sign papers allowing him to be separated from them, the statement said.

“We were shocked and disgusted at the thought of our baby being taken from us, and ever since I cannot sleep thinking that someone might come in and take him from me,” Connors wrote.

Back