• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gold Parking Lot Pass Holders

Haha, several of these were nearly a decade ago. You must not follow other college programs. These are amateur hour complaints. Fan Man? What did he last, like two games?

Classic. What would be a "professional hour" complaint, betterphan? Do you think tailgate lot passes should sit unused rather than be sold to DC members who want to purchase them, but don't have the required "status" to buy extras?

And yeah, I'm a pretty big Buckeye fan - not even going to get into comparisons.

I mean sure, that sucks, but it sounds like Deacon club members voted for those spots to be sold. Plenty of the people on here most outraged about these decisions aren't even members or have stopped giving.

Complaining about our failing basketball program is one thing. Complaining about sports marketing's terrible attempt to excite fans during games ten (or more) years ago is dumb. It's a joke that we should totally return to, but it's not an actual complaint worth hearing.

The water bottle fiasco! That sucked! It was dangerous! There were apologies. Has it happened again? Does it happen consistently?

Bad food at Deacon Tower. Sucks for the rich donors. Why are you pissed? Sounds like a failed attempt to save money. Was it Casstevens' doing? You put a question mark after it. Does Cassstevens even work for wake anymore? Has he worked for us in the last five years? Nobody has had anything new to say about him in a while.

Re-entry? Yeah, it's annoying they keep changing the policy. Reentry is great and chugging beers in the parking lot at halftime is great. But who really cares?

Khaki-colored items? That's weird. How about don't buy them. There's two entire deacon shops full of normal colored stuff for you to buy.

The fact that these are your amateur hour complaints, many of them a decade old, just proves that shit with Wake Forest sports is going pretty well.

Last edited:
Hmm, my "professional hour" complaints would be about things like shitty hires, academic scandals, rape coverups, recruiting violations, ethics scandals, cheating. You know, stuff that actually matters.

I mean sure, that sucks, but it sounds like Deacon club members voted for those spots to be sold. Plenty of the people on here most outraged about these decisions aren't even members or have stopped giving.

Complaining about our failing basketball program is one thing. Complaining about sports marketing's terrible attempt to excite fans during games ten (or more) years ago is dumb. It's a joke that we should totally return to, but it's not an actual complaint worth hearing.

The water bottle fiasco! That sucked! It was dangerous! There were apologies. Has it happened again? Does it happen consistently?

Bad food at Deacon Tower. Sucks for the rich donors. Why are you pissed? Sounds like a failed attempt to save money. Was it Casstevens' doing? You put a question mark after it. Does Cassstevens even work for wake anymore? Has he worked for us in the last five years? Nobody has had anything new to say about him in a while.

Re-entry? Yeah, it's annoying they keep changing the policy. Reentry is great and chugging beers in the parking lot at halftime is great. But who really cares?

Khaki-colored items? That's weird. How about don't buy them. There's two entire deacon shops full of normal colored stuff for you to buy.

The fact that these are your amateur hour complaints, many of them a decade old, just proves that shit with Wake Forest sports is going pretty well.

It took me less than 30 seconds to remember those 5 I typed. Current/ongoing issues:

Why are we letting prime tailgating spots go unused, or to fans of our opponent, to (maybe) make an extra buck? Amateur hour.
Where are the hype videos being churned out before big games in football and basketball and blasted through social media? Amateur hour.
Why is it often challenging (occasionally impossible) to even find video of postgame press conferences? Amateur hour.

I do think we're improving. The beer sales in the stadiums is pretty cool and much better than when it was the "two ticket beer garden" setup. The WF Gameday App is nice, and we've had some cool events recently at away games. But we have a long way to go to get in the same stratosphere as an OSU, Clemson, or Duke - and yes, I realize how many more resources those schools have devoted - we need more.

Those two new ones are much better complaints, in my opinion, and I agree with some of them. And I also agree that we've seen huge improvements in the last few years, especially, as you say, with the new app with free radio. I love it.

I can't remember the poster's name, but he was a former AD employee formerly at wake and now at another school that explained in great detail why our Media team isn't yet up to the standards set by huge programs like Clemson. I hope we'll continue to see improvements.

Also, duke sucks. There is very little, if anything, I want to emulate about that despicable excuse for an institution.

Also, someone please remind me of fan man. Idk, why I can't remember.

He was an MC with a microphone who paraded around the Joel during timeouts to interact with fans and lead contests for one or maybe two games. Back in like 2007 or something.

It was awkward and a complete joke, so he's become a touchstone for athletic department sports marketing failures.

Last year they rented spaces to the Wolf Pack club

Why are we letting prime tailgating spots go unused, or to fans of our opponent, to (maybe) make an extra buck? Amateur hour.

Hold the phone. Did the Deacon Club directly and knowingly sell gold lot passes to another school's booster club? That would be troubling.

I'm guessing it's more likely that either 1) Gold Lot passes were acquired on the secondary market 2) they were acquired directly through the means to which we all have access (AKA a large donation to the Deacon Club, which would be relatively cheaper than tickets/parking at any of the much larger schools we play against regularly).

He was an MC with a microphone who paraded around the Joel during timeouts to interact with fans and lead contests for one or maybe two games. Back in like 2007 or something.

It was awkward and a complete joke, so he's become a touchstone for athletic department sports marketing failures.

Yes, it was terrible. When he was introduced it was said he would be there all season, but he never made another appearance(after 1 game). At least nobody in the AD was stupid enough to trot him out a 2nd game.

Does anyone have a blue lot parking pass they're willing to sell? We have 8 season tickets but only 1 parking pass, they told me I could buy one Blue, one Orange... but that isn't really helpful. Thanks!

I give away extra Blue Lot passes & some tickets every year on this message board when we have them. We have 33 total Pikas in our block of tickets in Section 3 which includes about 3 Gold Lot parking passes & 12 Blue Lot parking passes. Not everybody can go to all these games and they send them to me to usually give away.

I mean, he probably already doesn't pay tuition, so if he's half decent at baseball they let him walk on. No nepotism in that.

Plus, if there are any extra costs associated with having him on the team, pops can make sure they disappear in the bookkeeping.

Back