• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul Donates $2.5 Million to Wake Basketball

Yes that place is cool. I love that Chris is doing this. Now if he could just buy the land at the corner of University at the football stadium and the Joel and do something with it, I'd be happy. That place is an eyesore.

Bring back Freddie B's!

I'm catching hell from my UNC friends who say that Paul's $2.5MM gift is a slap in the face from someone who is on a $160 million contract. They are all talking smack. Calling it a penance and embarrassment. On and on about how Wake shouldn't even have announced that gift because it is so low for someone with Paul's bucks.

I agree that CP3 should do penance for bolting for the NBA and depriving us of a shot at the FF, but I think the word you want is "pittance."

just ask them how much Ray Felton has donated

He's got a 2.4M contract. CP could have just hired Felton as his personal stooge and saved $100K.

I agree that CP3 should do penance for bolting for the NBA and depriving us of a shot at the FF, but I think the word you want is "pittance."

Like you wouldn't have left Wake in a heartbeat if you were offered millions and millions of dollars to take your dream job.

The only people who should do "penance" are those who attacked him for doing the right thing for his career and family. You should be ashamed of yourselves for your selfish thoughts, posts and actions over the past dozen or so years.

5b6b710a08123.image.jpg

Is Duncan just waiting for Wellman to retire or is he finished with WFU? I know he was PO'd at how Odom was treated but that was so so long ago......

Like you wouldn't have left Wake in a heartbeat if you were offered millions and millions of dollars to take your dream job.

The only people who should do "penance" are those who attacked him for doing the right thing for his career and family. You should be ashamed of yourselves for your selfish thoughts, posts and actions over the past dozen or so years.

LOL. It was a joke. Relax, rj.

Of course I don't fault Chris for leaving early. I would be curious to know what other (apparently multiple) "posts and actions" of mine from "over the past dozen or so years" you're talking about. I think you'll find more than a few posts by me saying nice things about Chris.

They are independent paragraphs. The first is clearly about you. The second is about the many people who attacked Chris at the time and those who have held a grudge. You don't have to be a part of both.

Sounds like RJ's in a real good mood this morning.:popcorn:

Is Duncan just waiting for Wellman to retire or is he finished with WFU? I know he was PO'd at how Odom was treated but that was so so long ago......

He may have deemed the Virgin Islands more in need of his donations than the Wake Forest basketball program.

You could make an argument for both.

I'm catching hell from my UNC friends who say that Paul's $2.5MM gift is a slap in the face from someone who is on a $160 million contract. They are all talking smack. Calling it a penance and embarrassment. On and on about how Wake shouldn't even have announced that gift because it is so low for someone with Paul's bucks.

I don't know the answer to this question, but, have the UNC alums who have had huge contracts for years donated much larger sums to the UNC program? If so, good for them - I would expect Paul's generosity to be repeated as he gets older. They have a much larger pool of successful pros to pull from for donations. If not, then what the hell are they talking about?

Vince Carter donated $2.5M in 2011.

Yo Rondale!

Back