• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

I mean, last year the Eagles looked almost unbeatable at this point. Then Wentz went down to injury and look what happened.

LOL. I’m going to laugh if Teddy B and Taysom Hill combine to lead the Saints to the championship.

2018 NFL Season Week 11. Seahawks beat Green Bay Thurs. Sunday games on tap.

NFL kickers are pretty amazing. They hit like 90% of their FGs. They do these trick shot videos where they can hit the crossbar from 50 yards away. Yet there’s never been an NFL kicker who can consistent do a good onside kick.

That would be the ultimate cheat code. If there was some random dude who could consistent put the ball in a specific spot that gave his hands team the best chance 90% of the time, teams would rush to sign him. Forget him. That could be the first woman in the NFL. She could guarantee the ball will be 8 feet high 10 yards away above the right hash and the onside kick would just be a jump ball.

Last edited:
^Dont know if that will ever be possible. With a non round ball the bounces are just too unpredictable for guys to know what it’s going to do. Agree that it would be a heck of a weapon, just don’t think you can perfect it.

It doesn’t have to bounce. Just got to pop it up 10 yards away. But with more turf fields, I would think bounces could become more repeatable.

It doesn’t have to bounce. Just got to pop it up 10 yards away. But with more turf fields, I would think bounces could become more repeatable.

If it doesn't bounce, the receiving team can just call for fair catch. The bounce prevents the fair catch.

Get out there and practice, Ph.

I think you are on to something here.

Gladwell says you should probably perfect it in 10,000 hours. So get started.

So weird.

Joe Theismann broke his right tibia and fibula on Nov. 18, 1985 in a game in Washington that ended 23-21. The only three-time Defensive Player of the Year Lawrence Taylor was involved in the injury, which occurred around the 40-yard line.

Alex Smith broke his right tibia and fibula on Nov. 18, 2018 in a game in Washington that ended 23-21. The only other three-time Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt was involved in the injury, which occurred around the 40-yard line.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/11/18/alex-smith-broken-leg-redskins-same-day-joe-theismann-similarities-monday-night-football-video-picture-eerie/

Bears going from Sunday night to Thursday morning has gotta be one of the shortest turnarounds ever.

Found this little tidbit that confirmed something about the Dallas Cowboys that I remembered from my time in Dallas during the 1980’s.

“The Dallas Playboy Club opened in 1977 on the second floor of Expressway Tower, at North Central Expressway and what is now SMU Boulevard, in the same building that housed the Dallas Cowboys headquarters, in the same season the team won its second Super Bowl. The members-only playground, which required an actual key to get into, lasted a mere five years, closing in 1982.”

The funny thing is that this was when the Murchison family owned the Cowboys and refused to sell beer on Sundays.

https://www.dmagazine.com/publicati...layboy-bunnies-club-dallas-texas-hugh-hefner/

My. Rushmore of NFL sideline reporters? Who takes a spot from Kilber, Salters, Oliver, or Tafoya? Erin Andrews probably on track to take out Pam Oliver.

99% chance Andy Reid fucks up clock mgmt at some point???

First to 60 wins or second to 50 wins?

The NFL sucks this year. The only good teams have terrible defence.

Back