• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame - 12:00 - ABC

If We Were Somehow to win this game by rankings this would be the second biggest win in school history.

And honestly we're way overdue there's been a lot of programs that have fielded much worse teams than several of the teams we have put out there the last several years that have beaten top 10 teams

I think the depth chart is unchanged because we don't have anybody else

I think Clawson is going to play some true freshmen in the secondary. A lot. But he wants ND's offense to prep for the guys Lea knows instead of the guys he doesn't know. (Yes, I know Lea is the DC, but I'm sure he shares important info with the offense.)

I think Clawson is going to play some true freshmen in the secondary. A lot. But he wants ND's offense to prep for the guys Lea knows instead of the guys he doesn't know. (Yes, I know Lea is the DC, but I'm sure he shares important info with the offense.)

bro, sometimes I don't think you even believe the stuff you say

And honestly we're way overdue there's been a lot of programs that have fielded much worse teams than several of the teams we have put out there the last several years that have beaten top 10 teams

That's some serious optimism.

I definitely think the depth chart remained unchanged to give ND a belief that they will be facing the same defense/defender that BC faced.

However, I do agree that we will see more Dicks III and Greer.

I definitely think the depth chart remained unchanged to give ND a belief that they will be facing the same defense/defender that BC faced.

However, I do agree that we will see more Dicks III and Greer.

Paging Mr. Dicks, Mr. Seemore Dicks.

Apparently ND sends in weekly video clips to the ACC from games regarding certain calls that officials make. Is this a standard practice for most ACC teams?

bro, sometimes I don't think you even believe the stuff you say

So you don’t think Clawson would keep information from a opposing staff that has inside knowledge of our program? Weird.

What a glorious upset victory this is gonna be....

GO DEACS !

There is some overthinking of the depth chart going on. On the list of information that opposing coaches use to scout the opponent, the Tuesday revised depth chart is at the very bottom of the list.

ND assistants were breaking down WF film long before last week's Vandy/ND game. The ND staff (like every college staff has the gameplan in place for the next opponent by Sunday morning). The game plan is implemented on Sunday film breakdown and practice and/or Monday film breakdown and practice. A change in the two deep secondary on Tuesday is not going to do a whole to alter the ND game preparation. Everyone knows that WF, like every team, will play its best players from week 1 on. If WF has a lockdown true freshman corner, he would've been a big part of the defense before this upcoming Saturday.

lol

From the press conference it sounds like our secondary issues come down to the Safeties needing to communicate better. If I recall there was a Wake Forest communications professor that criticized some of our student-athletes. Maybe the football players should be criticizing his ability to teach since they have not learned how to communicate.

Interesting. After the post-game, people seemed to think Clawson was going to play more DBs. Now people see the depth chart and they don't think so even while saying the depth chart doesn't matter. Guess we'll see on Saturday.

Vandy ran pretty well on ND. ND has very physical corners who overplay and use their hands quite a bit. Our WRs will have to fight back to get space enough to catch the ball and then not get stripped. ND did get some pass interferences calls. Overall, ND has good team speed on offense and defense. Turnovers will tell the tale of who wins.

I think ND is going to stack the box, somewhat similar to Tulane. I'm a broken record with this, but we need to try and hit some deep shots over the top of the defense. It seems like we're completing a pretty high percentage of them anyways. For some reason, we rarely seem to run/throw simple go routes against man coverage. Clemson probably throws 8+ deep go routes a game. I'll take our WRs over their DBs on a 50/50 (or better) ball every single time.

Back