• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redacted now un-retiring

My three takeaways from Conor's column:

-Proceed with disdain of [Redacted] for Wake Forest years
-There’s no debate as to whether Jeff [Redacted]’s tenure at Wake Forest was a disaster. Clearly, it was, and you know it was.
-The timing of Sunday’s announcement is as awkward as [Redacted] could seem in post-game interviews.

Hopefully before I die Wake will have a competent program again. Basketball season used to mean something. Please Danny get it right this year!!

Better than Manning. He was slowly turning the program back around. Shouldve had another year at least. Dumb decision to let him go. Sad, so sad.

Would be curious to know how much [] made between 2002 and his 2018 retirement.

Over that 16 year span, he:

Head coached the Denver Nuggets for 2.5 years (was paid for at least 3 years as he was fired mid-way through his 3rd season)
AF for 2 seasons
Colorado for 3 seasons
WF for 4 seasons
Assistant for the Memphis Grizzlies for two seasons
Assistant for the Rockets for two seasons

Guessing that he made well over $10 million, maybe over $15 million (AF paid low six figures; have no idea what an NBA assistant makes these days) during that span. Not a bad haul for a guy who was about 60 games under .500 as a head basketball coach and who has the personality of a door knob.

Last edited:
I like to think coach redacted is somewhere on the autism spectrum. And he is/was a big jerk.

Props for presenting those two statements as separate thoughts.

Back