• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Heat Plan IS NOW in effect,

sportsmed86

Reaction score
With forecast of a muggy 86* noon game, :mad: i called the ticket office and DClub to "confirm" that the Heat Plan would be in effect allowing folks to bring a bottle of water each, but as of this afternoon's operations meeting, they have deferred that decision until sometime tomorrow morning. Towson game they didn't let folks know until just a few hours early. Can they not read a forecast or are those $4 water bottle sales a big deal to overcome declining DClub $$s? I figured they learned some lessons in past years with Paramedics in the stands but it appears not.
Deacon Club answer was to "pack them, bring them to the gate and then you can take them back to your car if they haven't instituted the Heat Plan." i swear that is her strategy.
Sorry to start a new thread but figured it might get lost in game thread for folks.
lets all wave to the Pepsi Bldg!

Last edited:
Ron "the Gouger" Wellman. Love those $4 small drinks.

Gouging on parking for sure....Joel lot will be $20...twice the normal rate.

It’s a shame that we are the only school overcharging for water.

I was getting ready to blame this on the city of WS but then I remembered that WFU owns the Joel.

These people are lead by the same genius who absolutely carpet-bombed our basketball program. And this latest round of ineptitude surprises you HOW exactly?

That's all?
Go to other major college games and look for parking close to the stadium.

Don’t most of the Wake fans already have parking passes? Isn’t this just “gouging” the ND fans?

There aren’t any P5 schools in the country with more affordable football tickets and parking than Wake.

Catholics vs. Con Men

Bottled water at ball games is fucking ridiculous. You could bring two potable water tanker trucks to the game with 50 spigots on them and pay 4 cents a gallon. The water should be free to anyone who wants it. People bitch about the high price of gas, but they will pay ten bucks a gallon for Atlanta municipal water run through a coffee filter.

Don’t most of the Wake fans already have parking passes? Isn’t this just “gouging” the ND fans?

There aren’t any P5 schools in the country with more affordable football tickets and parking than Wake.

This

There aren’t any P5 teams with less demand for tickets and parking either.

Bottled water at ball games is fucking ridiculous. You could bring two potable water tanker trucks to the game with 50 spigots on them and pay 4 cents a gallon. The water should be free to anyone who wants it. People bitch about the high price of gas, but they will pay ten bucks a gallon for Atlanta municipal water run through a coffee filter.

There are water fountains in the stadium with free water.

There aren’t any P5 teams with less demand for tickets and parking either.

Sure there are. You obviously haven’t been to a game at Duke. Kansas is another that immediately comes to mind.

2075pwx.jpg

Back