• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The O-Line

Players. We need football players who are not pre-med students. Simple answer. Been there for decades. And if Wake decides it's NOT going to pursue players who can compete at this level, then see my earlier posts. Does this mean relaxing academic standards? Yep. It does. Oh, the horror.

I have faith Clawson is trying as hard as possible. But, until he's given a green light to get players who can compete against the Clemsons and FSUs, this is a total waste of time.

FSU?!?! Are you kidding me? From 06-11, Wake was 4-2 against FSU including 30-0 in Tallahassee so should they have not scheduled us anymore? Stop being reactionary. Clawson is working for steady growth and if we get to 6-6 or better, it will only the second 3 bowl streak in school history.

Look. I understand sucking the golden tit is what this is all about. I get it. My point is do you, us, we want to continue this futility in revenue sports OR do we want the university to make substantial changes to be competitive within this conference. It's a very simply proposition. I'm ALL for staying in the ACC IF Wake decides to actually compete rather than drawing a paycheck.

Legit question. Say we have zero academic standards for football for a minute. Still how do you propose we convince these kids to sign with us over Clemson?

Look. I understand sucking the golden tit is what this is all about. I get it. My point is do you, us, we want to continue this futility in revenue sports OR do we want the university to make substantial changes to be competitive within this conference. It's a very simply proposition. I'm ALL for staying in the ACC IF Wake decides to actually compete rather than drawing a paycheck.

Pretty sure they are trying to compete. Doubt that behind closed doors the Athletic Department has a secret plan to forgo any attempt at being competitive in football and basketball. I reserve the right to change my position though if Ron Wellman tweets LOWF.

Legit question. Say we have zero academic standards for football for a minute. Still how do you propose we convince these kids to sign with us over Clemson?

I have no idea. That's why I'm arguing this starts with Wake Forest. Not some guy on an Internet message forum. But, I do think Wake Forest needs to address this question. And, you raise a great question.

I think that's that the BOT needs to ask itself. Don' you?

I’m asking you since you claim we have higher standards. I know for a fact that Stanford has turned away multiple 4 star recruits recently due to academics.

Until you get a 6'4", 225 lb receiver who has a 36" vertical leap, this ain't changing.

Clemson doesn’t have any 6’4” 225 lb wide receivers. But Wake does - Scotty Washington is 6’5” 225 lbs.

Clemson doesn’t have any 6’4” 225 lb wide receivers. But Wake does - Scotty Washington is 6’5” 225 lbs.

Also seeing him stand directly next to Dortch on the field today shows me that sometimes the tiny receiver is wayyyy better than the 6'5 225 guy.

I'm considered one of the most negative posters on this board, but you're being completely dumb, coredeac. Losses as bad as today happen literally once every 40 years. Yeah, wins against the likes of Clemson and FSU will be rare, but we were 4-4 last year and for the most part have been competitive against everyone during Clawson's tenure (we lost by 14 against Clemson in Clawson's first year with that suckbag roster Grobe left). And now you wanna pussy out and just drop to playing the likes of Rice and Old Dominion all the time? Yeah, have fun with those half-star recruits we'd pull in and losing 9/10 of the already small fan base doing that, skip. Stop being a dumbass.

I have no idea. That's why I'm arguing this starts with Wake Forest. Not some guy on an Internet message forum. But, I do think Wake Forest needs to address this question. And, you raise a great question.

Operative quote "I have no idea"
lay it down dude. We got our asses kicked and will work to get better in 2 weeks and next year and years after, hopefully with DC.

Argue why losing 63-3 on national television was good for our program. Go!

Nobody suggested that, ever.

It’s one thing to be mad after a terrible loss, but your arguments just make no sense.

Nobody suggested that, ever.

It’s one thing to be mad after a terrible loss, but your arguments just make no sense.

No. Seriously. You call everyone else dumb. I want you to defend a 63-3 loss and how Wake is on the upswing in the ACC in REVENUE sports. Don't start with soccer and tennis.

No. Seriously. You call everyone else dumb. I want you to defend a 63-3 loss and how Wake is on the upswing in the ACC in REVENUE sports. Don't start with soccer and tennis.

The problem with the argument is that even those big state schools with resources and little to no academic standards like I mentioned have struggled for longer than we have.

I'm considered one of the most negative posters on this board, but you're being completely dumb, coredeac. Losses as bad as today happen literally once every 40 years. Yeah, wins against the likes of Clemson and FSU will be rare, but we were 4-4 last year and for the most part have been competitive against everyone during Clawson's tenure (we lost by 14 against Clemson in Clawson's first year with that suckbag roster Grobe left). And now you wanna pussy out and just drop to playing the likes of Rice and Old Dominion all the time? Yeah, have fun with those half-star recruits we'd pull in and losing 9/10 of the already small fan base doing that, skip. Stop being a dumbass.

You don't read carefully. I have stated I hope Wake will decide to be competitive in the ACC. I hope it will. However, IF it has zero intention of doing so, I would prefer another direction. Why in the hell is this on me? This decision is on Wake Forest. It can either decide to compete at this level or not be competitive.

The problem with the argument is that even those big state schools with resources and little to no academic standards like I mentioned have struggled for longer than we have.

I don't control those state institutions. I don't control Wake Forest. What I do know is that my alma mater is nowhere close to being competitive at this point in either revenue sport.

Will it change? I certainly hope so.

My ONLY point is that these decisions begin at the TOP of Wake Forest. Not with people on a message board. Either Wake is all-in or it is not. I hope it's all-in but I'm not seeing that at the moment on the field or court.

I didn’t call everyone else dumb, just you.

Bama dropped 65 on Arkansas today and 62 on Ole Miss a few weeks ago. Do you think those teams should join a league with Rice and ODU?

I argued against your strange assertion that Wake should join a league with Rice and ODU, not that Wake football is on the upswing, but since you have shifted the argument here are Wake’s ACC records for the last 3 complete seasons:

2015: 1-7
2016: 3-5
2017: 4-4

You don't read carefully. I have stated I hope Wake will decide to be competitive in the ACC. I hope it will. However, IF it has zero intention of doing so, I would prefer another direction. Why in the hell is this on me? This decision is on Wake Forest. It can either decide to compete at this level or not be competitive.
$50M+ facility for football = "zero intention" of wanting to be competitive to you?

Back