• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at Florida State - October 20 3:30 ESPN2

Both WF and FSU have a bye in advance of the 10/20 game.

May be FSU's last chance for a win, their last 5 games after WF are:

- #4 Clemson
- @ #20 NC State
- @ #5 Notre Dame
- BC
- #14 Florida

Those 5 teams are 25-3.

FSU schedule is back loaded much like Wake had two top 5 teams plus BC in their first 6 games.

Given how the season is going, FSU might just cancel all remaining home games so that their boosters don't become even more miserable with Taggert.

I talked to a big fsu fan and friend recently. He said surprisingly the fans haven't been calling much for Willie's head yet but I expect that to change if they don't even make a bowl. I think it's been like 50 years of consecutive bowl appearances for them.

I talked to a big fsu fan and friend recently. He said surprisingly the fans haven't been calling much for Willie's head yet but I expect that to change if they don't even make a bowl. I think it's been like 50 years of consecutive bowl appearances for them.

He probably gets the Tommy Bowden treatment if they lose to Wake.

This thing is going to be bad. I say there is a good chance the game is postponed or moved. No way the panhandle recovers in one week from this.

The storm is moving pretty quickly. Tallahassee will likely get some wind damage, but don't think they'll get flooded.
FSU may miss a day or two of practice, but I'd guess the storm will be a distraction rather than a disaster. However, it could really effect a lot of their fans in the area who may have clean up priorities over attending the game.

Clawson, to his credit, accepting full responsibility for results to date:

From Les Johns:

I mean, what happened on that film and what's happened the first half of the season, I mean, I'm directly responsible for. It wasn't one coach or one position or one kid. It was the head coach of our program allowed that to happen.

I will be most interested in the defensive adjustment for this game. Its very difficult judge the new approach when our past two opponents reside in the ESPN Bottom 10 and the Playoff projection, respectfully. This game will paint a more accurate picture regarding the future direction of the D.

I will be most interested in the defensive adjustment for this game. Its very difficult judge the new approach when our past two opponents reside in the ESPN Bottom 10 and the Playoff projection, respectfully. This game will paint a more accurate picture regarding the future direction of the D.

Clawson said we've lost a bunch of defensive players to injury and playing walkons an so on. If we score 40 we can make it competitive because FSU will have a better offense than the Rice and Towson teams that scored 30 or 40 points us before the latest defensive injuries.

If we slow it down and they only score 35 then we need 36 to win.

If we don't slow it down then they will score 45 and we will need 46 to win.

They will be favored by around 10 and the total will be 60 so the oddsmakers figure we lose 35-25.

Let's prove em wrong!

Any Atlanta area posters going to be at Irby's Tavern to watch the game?

Maybe. I went to a lot of game watches at Tin Roof Cantina and Irby’s is walking distance to my brother’s place.

Headed to my National Guard unit now to find out if I be mobilized with other members of my unit. The game should probably be moved to Winston. This area is in no condition to halt a game. Most of hotels will be full of displaced families thus no rooms for travelers. Plus FSU has a huge presence in PC and Mexico Beach which resemble a war zone now. So far out of five friends I’ve talked to from my time living there all 5 have lost their homes.

The pictures of destruction on the evening news are incredibly sad.

I seriously doubt Wake wants to host this game and give up the home game next year. They probably want to move the game somewhere. Orlando looks like a reasonable option. UCF is on the road. Jaguars play at home next Sunday. USF plays at home on Saturday so Jax and Tampa are out.

Someone recommended that we shut down our revenue sports football and basketball.

Maybe that would be a good idea and that’s working for UAB. After shutting down for 2015 and 2016 they are back in business at 5-1 and just beat the Rice team that ran up and down the field against us 42-0.

Maybe after a two year hiatus we would only come back half as strong as UAB but that would be an improvement.

Clawson said we've lost a bunch of defensive players to injury and playing walkons an so on. If we score 40 we can make it competitive because FSU will have a better offense than the Rice and Towson teams that scored 30 or 40 points us before the latest defensive injuries.

If we slow it down and they only score 35 then we need 36 to win.

If we don't slow it down then they will score 45 and we will need 46 to win.

They will be favored by around 10 and the total will be 60 so the oddsmakers figure we lose 35-25.

Let's prove em wrong!

as all of us expected the line came out at 10 or 11. will we need 46 to win or will that not be enough?

Winning at FSU would go an awful long way in covering up what's been a pretty terrible season.

Winning at FSU would go an awful long way in covering up what's been a pretty terrible season.

We'll got a good opportunity to get back on track in a hurry. At FSU and at Louisville are both winnable games. We'll have to play better then we have, but getting 2 road wins in back to back weeks would make things look a lot better in a hurry.

What walk-ons have been playing on defense? We started a walk-on last year at linebacker, so I don't see that as a good excuse. We've had injuries, specifically at linebacker and to a lesser extent our DL. We haven't had Henderson consistently and Glenn missed a game. Masterson missed a few but didn't overlap with Glenn. I get that injuries at LB are A reason our defense blows, but not THE reason. It is a shame that we are essentially wasting one of our missed set of Defensive Tackles in a while.

The truth is that under Elko, we used a bend don't break and cause turnovers defense. And it worked. It is a defense that is susceptible to an accurate and athletic QB. Fortunately, we didn't play too many of those. This year in particular, we have faced a few of those. Still, our bend don't break d hasn't caused enough turnovers and has turned into an olay defense.

Wake has had an elite college defensive lineman for the last few years. Duke Ejifor could frequently beat his man one on one so he saw a lot of double teams. That helped his linemates make disruptive plays.

The line opened at FSU -11; it's currently -10.

Wake has had an elite college defensive lineman for the last few years. Duke Ejifor could frequently beat his man one on one so he saw a lot of double teams. That helped his linemates make disruptive plays.

I said defensive tackles, not DL. I shudder to think how bad our D would be if Zeek Rodney didn't come back to school.

Back