Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223

Thread: WF at Florida State - October 20 3:30 ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by coredeac View Post
    I never said it was simple. I said it's what will be required if Wake wants to be a legitimate contender and win "championships". It won't happen. I said it's what is required to happen.

So, I long ago resigned myself to being happy with 6 and 7 win seasons. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm perfectly happy with what success we have because I realize Wake will never change. I did.
    So you honestly think that Wake Forest could sell out a 100K seat stadium with 90% Wake Forest fans if they won a national title?
    Last edited by Bubble Boy; Yesterday at 12:06 AM.

I never said it was simple. I said it's what will be required if Wake wants to be a legitimate contender and win "championships". It won't happen. I said it's what is required to happen.

So, I long ago resigned myself to being happy with 6 and 7 win seasons. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm perfectly happy with what success we have because I realize Wake will never change. I did.
    So you think Wake chooses to recruit at a level that is less than Clemson and FSU? That there are recruits that really want to come to Wake over FSU and Clemson but we "choose" to recruit other players instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    So you honestly think that Wake Forest could sell out a 100K seat stadium with 90% Wake Forest fans is they won a national title?
    How in the hell you concluded that I'm arguing Wake could sell out a 100K seat stadium from my comments is simply mind-boggling. Are you even reading my comments?

I'll make this REALLY simple. Like, 3rd grade simple. IF YOU WANT TO WIN GAMES AND CHAMPIONSHIPS, YOU NEED PLAYERS WHO ARE EQUAL OR BETTER THAN YOUR OPPONENT. We currently don't have this.

What in God's name that statement has to do with 100K seat stadiums is beyond me.
    Oh Heavens Yes!

How in the hell you concluded that I'm arguing Wake could sell out a 100K seat stadium from my comments is simply mind-boggling. Are you even reading my comments?

I'll make this REALLY simple. Like, 3rd grade simple. IF YOU WANT TO WIN GAMES AND CHAMPIONSHIPS, YOU NEED PLAYERS WHO ARE EQUAL OR BETTER THAN YOUR OPPONENT. We currently don't have this.

What in God's name that statement has to do with 100K seat stadiums is beyond me.
    That was in response to PhDeac - he said that all we had to do is "win" and we would get the same support that Alabama and Clemson get. Good to know that you agree with me.

So - I ask again - in 3rd grade simple - what do we need to do to get players that are better than Clemson and FSU?

So you think Wake chooses to recruit at a level that is less than Clemson and FSU? That there are recruits that really want to come to Wake over FSU and Clemson but we "choose" to recruit other players instead?
    NO!!!!! I do not think Wake "chooses" to recruit at that level. WHY IS THIS SO DAMN HARD!?!?!

I'm simply stating that Wake Forest (that school with the big pointy chapel and quad and pretty campus) needs to decide if it wants to admit athletes who can compete with FSU, Clemson and other top Power 5 schools. Not every kid is pre-med.

Will Wake do this? NO! Am I content it won't? YES.

But, this talk of "championships" and "cutting down nets" is futile unless the university decides it wants to recruit at the level required to compete amongst the best of the best programs. It ain't happening.
    Thus, I'm perfectly content realizing 6 and 7 win seasons are good seasons in football.
    Oh Heavens Yes!

Wake still clings to the thought that football and basketball players should attend regular classes like, you know, students.

NO!!!!! I do not think Wake "chooses" to recruit at that level. WHY IS THIS SO DAMN HARD!?!?!

I'm simply stating that Wake Forest (that school with the big pointy chapel and quad and pretty campus) needs to decide if it wants to admit athletes who can compete with FSU, Clemson and other top Power 5 schools. Not every kid is pre-med.

Will Wake do this? NO! Am I content it won't? YES.

But, this talk of "championships" and "cutting down nets" is futile unless the university decides it wants to recruit at the level required to compete amongst the best of the best programs. It ain't happening.
    Thus, I'm perfectly content realizing 6 and 7 win seasons are good seasons in football.
    So you are saying that there are kids that want to come play football at Wake that are not being admitted/recruited and are having to settle for playing at Clemson and FSU instead?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Honestly, what things need to be changed? We have a new indoor practice facility. We have a a new (or upcoming) weight and performance center. The biggest thing that separates us from Clemson, Alabama, etc, is that they get 100K for their spring game and we get 25K for a regular season game. I'd love to hear how we change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Win.
    So you think that "winning" would bring in a Wake attendance of 40K or so? Would bring in a spring game attendance of 20K?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    If we won like Clemson and Alabama, definitely. And if they lost like Wake, they wouldn't be getting 100K for a Spring game.
    For accuracy. Getting in random arguments and misrepresenting people isn’t a good look, Bubble Boy.

I will eat my words and admit that Newman looked pretty bad out there with the RPO, and that Hartman has a better grasp on things there. But I still like Hinton and think he gives us more, at least for this year.

Hartman will be a stud with time. But I am much more disappointed with our wide receivers. Numbers 1 and 7 have not had good years, particularly against P5 teams. Neither of them are getting open consistently and Scotty is back to freshman form with all the drops. Surratt was a stud against Tulane. Time to also give Steve Claude, Waydale and Perry a look. Thankfully, we are finally throwing some to the TE's.

Scott "Rufio" Feather morrison2951's Avatar
    So - I ask again - in 3rd grade simple - what do we need to do to get players that are better than Clemson and FSU?
    Strippers

Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    We’ve earned it.
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    Hey at least we are better than previously preseason #1 Kansas... oh wait maybe BSD should've checked their tweet.