• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikki Haley Resigns as UN Ambassador

After the midterms, Trump fires Sessions and appoints Graham to be AG. Then, South Carolina governor Henry McMaster appoints Haley to Graham's unexpired term. She runs for re-election in 2020 and then runs for President in 2024 having been a Governor, Ambassador to the UN, and Senator.

Would love it. When shooting happened in SC church while she was Governor amazing how she was able to unite the city for healing and we definitely need that as a country although '24 might be too late.

Could she be taking over for Graham in the Senate if/when he becomes AG?

I miss the days when Ben Franklin was an ambassador

Meh, it sucked back then too. It was all good until Adams got appointed as ambassador as well, and he just ended up irritating both Franklin and the French. Adams just couldn't get out of his own way.

Edited to add, so WTF is going on with Trump and Graham these days? Graham used to be 1 of Trump's biggest Pub critics. Now he's spent the last few months sucking up to Trump. I don't get it. Leave the senate just to be AG for 2 years? I haven't followed this situation much. Anyone know wtf is going on here?

Last edited:
According to the Post and Courier, personal finances seem to be at least played a part in this resignation. Haley has up to a million dollars in debt, and her parents home is going through foreclosure. This is as good a time as any to hop on some boards and clear out some debt before she has to run for something.

Gotta imagine the rest of the administration is laughing at her for not finding a way to cash in like they are.

According to the Post and Courier, personal finances seem to be at least played a part in this resignation. Haley has up to a million dollars in debt, and her parents home is going through foreclosure. This is as good a time as any to hop on some boards and clear out some debt before she has to run for something.

Trump and Manafort can help out with a "loan" from the Russians.

Maybe RT will offer her a $3M/year job...

I don't think her star is rising much anymore, certainly not for national office. Everyone associated with Trump seems to leave with a worse reputation (ruined in many cases) than when they started working for him. Maybe she'll run for office again in SC, but she's damaged goods now. Maybe she'll get her own show on Fox, or become a "political analyst" talking head for them. In about a decade or so, Fox may be filled with former Trump aides who can no longer find work anywhere else.

This is the wrongest post in the history of the boards. It's lol.

Completely disagree and if anything she was one of the few that was able to avoid being tainted and speak her mind and be a strong voice on the world stage.

This and the post below are really on point.
Couldn't disagree more. Not sure the exact reason she's leaving but if Dump decides not to run in 2020, she could be in a great position to run. I think she'd be a great choice and a great place for us anti Dump Pubs to support. Gawd knows with potential Dem nominees (Booker, Sanders, Biden, Warren) she'd be a no brainer.

Yes. Closer.

Gotta imagine the rest of the administration is laughing at her for not finding a way to cash in like they are.

If you're on team blue, Nikki Haley should strike genuine fear in your heart. She is essentially the perfect red politician at this point. Absent some earth shaking (and at this point, earth shaking is her being a closet butch lesbian who regularly gang-rapes underage boys) revelation, Haley can be our next president if she wants it. If she runs with Trump on the 2020 ticket as a VP, that team is going to be almost impossible to beat.

My best guess is she's getting out of the UN gig to prep her ground game and simultaneously buy time to see what's forming up for team blue 2020. America hates a loser, and she's savvy enough to know that if she preemptively hitches her wagon to a loser, she might blow her shot a la Clinton. If she doesn't involve herself in 2020, it will be for very good reasons.

This is the wrongest post in the history of the boards. It's lol.

This and the post below are really on point.

Yes. Closer.

If you're on team blue, Nikki Haley should strike genuine fear in your heart. She is essentially the perfect red politician at this point. Absent some earth shaking (and at this point, earth shaking is her being a closet butch lesbian who regularly gang-rapes underage boys) revelation, Haley can be our next president if she wants it. If she runs with Trump on the 2020 ticket as a VP, that team is going to be almost impossible to beat.

My best guess is she's getting out of the UN gig to prep her ground game and simultaneously buy time to see what's forming up for team blue 2020. America hates a loser, and she's savvy enough to know that if she preemptively hitches her wagon to a loser, she might blow her shot a la Clinton. If she doesn't involve herself in 2020, it will be for very good reasons.

stop making Hillary cry, you mean old Republican

Nikki Haley is going to be the first female President

She's just another Trump sycophant. She sucks. Sure, the Fox News-watching mouthbreathers like GTB, Deacspop and Lector liker her because she is fine with keeping women in their place, but most intelligent women see right through her.

"UN Ambassador Nikki Haley said Wednesday that world leaders who laughed during President Donald Trump's speech to the United Nations did so because "they loved how honest he is."

Trump began his speech to the UN on Monday by saying his administration "has accomplished more than almost any administration in the history of our country."

When the comment drew laughter from the crowd of diplomats, Trump said: "I didn’t expect that reaction, but that’s okay."

Haley said on Fox News that the press was wrong to portray the laughter as disrespectful to the president.

"They loved how honest he is," Haley said on the Fox and Friends show. "It’s not diplomatic and they find it funny."

She said diplomats were "falling over themselves" to get a picture with Trump and tell him "how great his speech was."

"They love that he’s honest with them and they’ve never seen anything like it, so there’s respect there," she said. "I saw that the media was trying to make it something disrespectful. That’s not what it was. They love to be with him."

Back