• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nikki Haley Resigns as UN Ambassador

Im still formulating an opinion on Haley, but that article wasn't at all compelling in positioning her as an extremist.

Im still formulating an opinion on Haley, but that article wasn't at all compelling in positioning her as an extremist.

The author's bias shows with his mention of "Israeli ctimes" without mention of acts by others in the Middle East.

savage

[h=1]Nikki Haley’s Audacious Bet[/h][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The former South Carolina governor’s new book is a gamble that the future of the Republican Party looks a lot like Trump.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/11/nikki-haleys-book-audacious-bet/601726/

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What she does apparently express is a determination to be regarded as a Trump loyalist. The book’s tale-bearing against Tillerson and Kelly certainly burnishes that credential. So even more does her [/FONT]interview[FONT=&quot] with the [/FONT]Post [FONT=&quot]simultaneous with its release arguing the pro-Trump case on Ukraine and impeachment. Haley delicately distances herself from Trump’s extortion scheme and House Republican fantasies that Trump was engaged in any kind of honest investigation of corruption. Otherwise, though, she’s all in for Trump.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Every ambitious national-level Republican is building the rest of his or her career on the assumption that come 2024, the Trump loyalists will continue to run the show. Surely there ought to be an outlier like one of Michael Lewis’s characters, willing to risk that actually Trump may come crashing down—and that Republicans will soon be wondering: “Why did nobody warn us?”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tillerson and Kelly tried to raise the alarm, but they are not running for office. Haley is, and she first rejected them and then outed them. In terms of amoral calculation, the odds seem with her. But from Teddy Roosevelt to Harry Truman to Barack Obama to Donald Trump himself, the top job has again and again been won by bold-hearted defiers of the odds. Haley isn’t one of them, and we’ll all soon see how far that half-heartedness will elevate her.
[/FONT]

Well then, she's accurately reading the banana Pub tea leaves. The large base of the party loves Trump and hates the Boehners and Ryans of the world.

If pence gets pushed out he'll get revenge somehow.

I think you mean cuck.

If he lets a president under impeachment bench him, that’s pathetic.

If Trump dumps him next year he'll probably just cry to "Mother" (his wife) and pray for Trump to get cancer or something.

If pence gets pushed out he'll get revenge somehow.

Pence might scowl at him!
C90x6KiXUAQNyX6.jpg

I suppose i should be more clear. Like trump he is unfit for office. Unlike trump he is calculating and can keep quiet. If he is benched i think he blows a few whistles, tries to turn evangelicals against trump, something.

I disagree. I think he’s a weak politician who only got called up to the bigs to legitimatize a heathen to white evangelicals who just needed an excuse. Once he stops doing that he’s disposable. Which he is right now.

I disagree. I think he’s a weak politician who only got called up to the bigs to legitimatize a heathen to white evangelicals who just needed an excuse. Once he stops doing that he’s disposable. Which he is right now.

He’s the ultimate political opportunist. He’ll do whatever he thinks is necessary to hold onto power, which might be dangerous for Trump if he’s got any dirt.

I suppose i should be more clear. Like trump he is unfit for office. Unlike trump he is calculating and can keep quiet. If he is benched i think he blows a few whistles, tries to turn evangelicals against trump, something.

lol

He’s the ultimate political opportunist. He’ll do whatever he thinks is necessary to hold onto power, which might be dangerous for Trump if he’s got any dirt.

lol

How in the world could he hurt trump? What could he have that’s not already out there? Evangelicals love trump more than Pence. Maybe not in 2016, but definitely now. Same with other GOP blocs. Pence can’t touch his support.

Back