• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake @ Louisville Noon kick-off 10/27/2018

Do we have any freshmen defensive players that we haven't played but can use in our remaining games without burning their red shirts?

This would be a really good time for Mike Allen to step up. Highly recruited guy who has been invisible, at a position we could really use the help.

We are not particularly good but we aren't horseshit like some of you describe. 4-4 in the toughest division in CFB. These guys are playing their hearts out, many way out of position. Injuries are part of every year but this one seems so concentrated by position. Could have shown better at FSU with some health but be realistic about our other three losses. Pretty good teams don't you think?
Oh, and I knew more about football by the time I was 20 than you ever will. You were probably drunk at frat parties while I was appreciating the efforts of student athletes for many years.

Lol, no.

Do we have any freshmen defensive players that we haven't played but can use in our remaining games without burning their red shirts?

This would be a really good time for Mike Allen to step up. Highly recruited guy who has been invisible, at a position we could really use the help.

Freshman D-end Rondell Bothroyd played today, so if we’re playing true freshman ahead of Mike Allen, I wouldn’t expect to see him. Not sure if their is some nagging injury or he’s just not performing in practice, but the fact he hasn’t sniffed the field with injuries plus mop up time in blowouts does not bode well. It would be nice if he would step up, he’s got real defensive end size, unlike a guy like Calhoun that would be playing linebacker most places.

Sig can be a complete dick poster for sure. Seems to be pretty knowledgeable though.

Based on the transitive property, that Louisville-Clemson game next week should be a beaut.

Based on the transitive property, that Louisville-Clemson game next week should be a beaut.

Clemson might score 100 if they want to.

We are not particularly good but we aren't horseshit like some of you describe. 4-4 in the toughest division in CFB. These guys are playing their hearts out, many way out of position. Injuries are part of every year but this one seems so concentrated by position. Could have shown better at FSU with some health but be realistic about our other three losses. Pretty good teams don't you think?
Oh, and I knew more about football by the time I was 20 than you ever will. You were probably drunk at frat parties while I was appreciating the efforts of student athletes for many years.

Pretty sure when sig was 20, he WAS a student athlete, with a pretty good understanding and appreciation of football at Wake.

not at LB. With the return of Greer and Redd, we were able to move Masterson to LB (which is apparently our best option at the moment). I have sympathy for Masterson because learnign a new position on the fly is really tough, but even at safety dude takes some bad angles and isn't the greatest tackler.

And to Spragoo et. al who want Carney at LB - his tackling form on ST is terrible and losing him of O is a much bigger disadvantage than any gain he would be on the D.

Pretty sure when sig was 20, he WAS a student athlete, with a pretty good understanding and appreciation of football at Wake.

Pretty sure he got drunk at frat parties too. #wellrounded

I noticed Bothroyd play today too. Cohen has said we will see Mike Allen soon.

not at LB. With the return of Greer and Redd, we were able to move Masterson to LB (which is apparently our best option at the moment). I have sympathy for Masterson because learnign a new position on the fly is really tough, but even at safety dude takes some bad angles and isn't the greatest tackler.

And to Spragoo et. al who want Carney at LB - his tackling form on ST is terrible and losing him of O is a much bigger disadvantage than any gain he would be on the D.

Yes I agree Carney will help us at linebacker next week

Back