• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

kawhi is such a psycho i love it; here are some college teammates talking about him at sdsu

D8LYysYW4AA8uwc.jpg

I was just coming here to post that article. Had me rolling for some reason.

Interesting since Pop had to push him in the Miami finals to take on more of the offense, you'd think a guy like that wouldn't need it. Maybe the Spurs were just to laid back for his game.

If he was such a great board man, the Spurs would have 1 more title with Timmy.

Ok, in fairness that’s more on Pop, but nobody blocked out Bosh.

His job hadn’t been to take on more of the offense. If he is on the spectrum, it makes sense he would need to be specifically told to take on a different role instead of intuitively picking it up.

I keep reading on other corners of the internet that there were whispers Kawhi wanted out of SA even before the injury, but I never heard that before the 17-18 season. It's just hard to fathom they messed up his injury that badly to the point he wanted to leave the franchise, especially in the manner that he did, by leaking the demand and tanking his value. It may just boil down to him being difficult to manage. This will all make more sense if he leaves Toronto for LA regardless of the outcome. That will almost confirm there was no stopping him from going to LA.

Did Paul Pierce really just admit to shitting his pants on live tv?

AMAZING

Wild that they haven’t blitzed curry more. This should be over already.

My dream is for Steph to get finals MVP in a losing effort just to piss off the Nick Wrights of the world

"Bucket. Bucket."

Last edited:
It is funny to me that this thread (or a similar offseason NBA thread) will have a ton of posts AFTER the season is over, but nobody seems to give a shit about The Finals.

How many of his kids have you had over the years?

I wasn't going to call you out personally because why? But you have - in particular - undervalued Danny Green forever. Yes, he is now an erratic 3-point shooter but as I have been arguing for 5 years, there are like 3 or 4 guys who can guard both Kevin Durant and Steph Curry. Green and Kawhi are two of those few guys. And have been for 5 years. Add to that with his experience there is no scenario too big for him. Been there done that. He will take the last second 3 and not be afraid to miss it. I just think he's worth every penny of his contract. And then some.

I also know through a friend from UNC who still sees him a few times a year that he is a great guy to boot. Highly recruited college player. Had to work for his NBA career. Former 2nd rd pick.

He's by far my favorite Tar Heel. 2nd would probably be Sam Perkins and Brad Daugherty after that. Michael Jordan is probably only above Rashard Mccants.

Kawhi has been fucking awful this series - for him. He can barely guard Iguadala and his help defense has been almost non-existent.

Back