• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's kowtowing to hate leads to synagogue shootings and more

From two conservatives...

It won’t stop no matter what. Trump isn’t the source of the hate. He’s the symptom.

Trump still holding a campaign rally in Illinois tonight.

That’s his 3rd or 4th rally in 7 days where 13+ bombs were delivered to Democratic opponents of his plus 11 people were killed in an anti-Semitic attack in a synagogue in Pittsburgh.

Leadership.

What an asshole.

They call for the rest of us to be civil but it’s the last thing they want to do.

I think a big part of the problem besides terrible people being able to possess high power weoponry insanely to easily is the internet. 20 years ago a some racist fuck stick in their day to day loves would maybe only run into a handful of people sharing their views. Now these people can get online and participate in discussions with thousands of terrible people just like them l, and have their every opinion and whim validated and fueled. This is amping up the extremism big time, and I’m not sure what the answer is to that.

We should start with guns, but the internet and speech is such a harder issue to tackle.

This is one sad week, in what seems like a series of bad months and years. Let’s hope America can get past this, I’m not so sure.

It would take the entire Republican party and all of it's elected officials in Washington to sincerely denounce all hateful rhetoric and call out their base and media outlets for doing the same for an extended period of time until the mentality changes.

This will never happen because they only care about #winning.

They call for the rest of us to be civil but it’s the last thing they want to do.

This week alone, we've had: an anti-black mass shooting, a mass assassination attempt on numerous prominent Democrats and Trump critics using mail bombs, and now an anti-Semitic mass shooting, all done by right-wing fanatics.

Yet, some LibDems have yelled at Mitch McConnell and Ted Cruz and some other GOP pols in restaurants and movie cinemas and such, so...#bothsides.

Back