• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

Forgot about Sinema, I also think she will win despite the absolute worst triangulation possible going from a radical occupy wallstreet Green Party leftist to a shitty centrist.

Heller is a Republican. I doubt Menendez loses.

As I've been saying for decades on these boards, the Dems' messaging has been totally incompetent. If they had made this a one issue campaign from September on about healthcare, Dems could have won 60+ seats and likely turned the Senate. But they are cowards and incompetent.

Healthcare is the #1 issue in the country. McCaskill should have won by 5+% using this as her only issue. She could have said, "I voted X times to protect your healthcare and covering pre-existing conditions. Josh Hawley is not only lying about pledging to protect families. He has SUED to end coverage of pre-existing. He's gone to court to harm to end your family coverage. I will continue to protect all the families of Missouri."

In EVERY GOP held district, this could have been used. "What do you believe X's words or his/her 60+ votes to take your coverage away?"

I will probably try to put my head in the sand tonight and watch hockey/basketball

Would you vote for Sinema, mdmh?

Fucking shitshow at my polling station in Manhattan. over an hour to get through and totally unorganized.

I will probably try to put my head in the sand tonight and watch hockey/basketball

Maybe that’s what ESPN was hoping for by scheduling marquee games tonight.

I've been going back and forth about whether I want to be around people or not. At this point I don't have any plans to go out. 2016 was rough, 2017 was good, but think I'd rather watch this one from my couch.

I'm probably going to avoid election parties until after 2020 proves whether our country is salvageable or not.

Is it too early to start drinking?

No. It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

I don't have any great reason to believe it's going to happen, but I have a feeling that, opposite to 2016, there are potentially some significant polling errors in some races. I'm calling Beto now, though I know I'm likely to be wrong. Just have a gut feeling that the youth vote in Texas is going to come up huge and that hasn't been wholly captured by polling to this point.

I'm probably going to avoid election parties until after 2020 proves whether our country is salvageable or not.

No. It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

It is in Athens and Tel Aviv....

Happy hour has started in Rome, Berlin, Munich, Bern and other places.

Predictions

House +40 to Democrats (16 seat majority if my math is right)

Senate
Bill Nelson - win
Joe Donnelly - win
Claire McCaskill - loss
Jon Tester - loss
Dean Heller - loss
Bob Menendez - win
Heidi Heitkamp - loss
Beto - loss
Joe Manchin - win
Sinema - win

Kemp wins Georgia
Gillum wins Florida

I think Beto snags a victory today from Ted Cruz.

Beto loses by between 1-2%. His concession still is a highlight of a blue wave and vaults him to the top of 2020 contender lists.

Heller is a Republican. I doubt Menendez loses.

As I've been saying for decades on these boards, the Dems' messaging has been totally incompetent. If they had made this a one issue campaign from September on about healthcare, Dems could have won 60+ seats and likely turned the Senate. But they are cowards and incompetent.

Healthcare is the #1 issue in the country. McCaskill should have won by 5+% using this as her only issue. She could have said, "I voted X times to protect your healthcare and covering pre-existing conditions. Josh Hawley is not only lying about pledging to protect families. He has SUED to end coverage of pre-existing. He's gone to court to harm to end your family coverage. I will continue to protect all the families of Missouri."

In EVERY GOP held district, this could have been used. "What do you believe X's words or his/her 60+ votes to take your coverage away?"

Doubtful, especially on the Senate. And anecdotally at least, it seems like Dems have actually done a good job on the local level making this about healthcare. The national media hasn’t helped (or learned any lessons about how to responsibly cover politics apparently).

I think anything better than 35+ in the house and netting zero in the Senate is a huge win for Democrats and something to build on for 2020.

In advance of the conversation tomorrow that will be solely about voter FRAUD, there's a very SIMPLE, cost-effective way to end (which is virtually non-existent anyway) in person voter FRAUD. Have a webcam at every polling place and require each voter to put their thumb/fingerprint on the registration role. You'll have a video of every person who votes and the identifying thum'b'fingerprint. Make it 10 years in FEDERAL prison and a $250,000 fine for voter impersonalation fraud and we are done with it.

What's not suprising is the avenue that could the easiest method of voter FRAUD is via absentee ballot. How do we know the person who sent in the absentee ballot is the REAL person? My bad, this is overwhelmingly done by middle class and above voters who tend to be white. Only POOR and people of COLOR commit voter FRAUD according to GOP state lawmakers.

My Senate Democrats predictions:
Bill Nelson - win
Joe Donnelly - win
Claire McCa$kill - win
Jon Tester - win
Dean Heller - loss
Bob Menendez - loss
Heidi Heitkamp - loss
Beto - loss
Joe Manchin - win
Kyrsten Sinema - win

I'm thinking house in the 225-30 range. Disagree with a few of you senate predictions.

Nelson - is lucky due to bad Pub gov dragging Pubs down and maybe a little red tide and no credit of his own
Tester - win
Menendez - ain't losing this sleaze v. sleaze race
Sinema - win
Rosen - win - polls have been close but I think demographics help here
Manchin - win
Heitkamp - loss
Beto - loss - but really interested in the margin
Bredesen - see Beto
The 2 I'm on the fence are McCaskill and Donnelly. Both are pretty red states. Donnelly was ahead but that 1 has gotten close. McCaskill has been going back and forth. I'll go with a Donnelly win and McCaskill loss to keep it 51-49 Pubs.

My VA predictions: 10 win, 7 upset win, 5 loss, 2 loss. 6-5 Dems.

Back