• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Election Day 2018

I think they want to do this in response to a bill trying to be passed that creates some sort of quota/ticket system to the amount of fish that can be taken out of our fisheries. The idea being if they go that model commercial fisherman will be given all the tags and fishing licenses, and average sports fisherman will lose fishing rights off the coast.

They want to do that to mobilize their base. They really want the voter ID and judicial vacancies to pass, but that’s less sexy to get Billy Bob out to vote than hunting. These amendments, like their predecessors in NC, are pretty transparent. They will also all pass.

I don't have an opinion on the "right" to hunt or fish, but think it's dumb to enshrine it. Definitely a transparent ploy to drive up conservative turnout though.

Most of the amendment questions on the NC ballot are inane.

FWIW, 538's senate model has the senate 50/50 with NV and MO being the narrowest margins at a 56% likelihood of Rosen and McCaskill winning.

FWIW, 538's senate model has the senate 50/50 with NV and MO being the narrowest margins at a 56% likelihood of Rosen and McCaskill winning.

538 has 51-49 GOP as the most likely outcome 17.3% with 52-48 GOP (16.1%) and 50/50 (15.7%) as the next most likely. However overall, the model shows GOP with an 81.1% chance to keep the Senate.

Beto would have won if Soros hadn’t miss timed the speed at which his caravan of illegal immigrant voters was to arrive in Texas.

I think Cruz wins by 5-7%. The Texas electorate is turning purple and on the way to blue with current demographic trends, but I think Cruz holds with the establishment who will get out and vote.

I hope I'm wrong. Regardless, Beto stands to gain a lot with a powerful and progressive concession speech.

538 has 51-49 GOP as the most likely outcome 17.3% with 52-48 GOP (16.1%) and 50/50 (15.7%) as the next most likely. However overall, the model shows GOP with an 81.1% chance to keep the Senate.

I was just going by their projections on the totals of the individual races.

I think Cruz wins by 5-7%. The Texas electorate is turning purple and on the way to blue with current demographic trends, but I think Cruz holds with the establishment who will get out and vote.

I hope I'm wrong. Regardless, Beto stands to gain a lot with a powerful and progressive concession speech.

How can people respect Ted Cruz after his 180 with Trump? That dude is a coward.

I have a comment for this, but I will make it on the midterm thread.

I guess. Ted Cruz just seems like a fundamentally dislikable dude. It’s bizarre that he can win multiple statewide elections.

He just has one of the those faces that is hard not hate, give that face his slimy personality and its a double whammy. Surprised he was able to get into politics in the first place with an ugly face like that. Seems like he should have been an investment banker or lawyer or some other less than noble profession.

If so, i feel like they should have advertised this months ago.
Its going to be a fight within the party I believe. Barbara Lee will vye for the position. In the end I think Pelosi keeps it.

Proof that everyone in LA is as stupid as RJ. These are people claiming (lying) to have voted yesterday at their precinct and discussing their nonexistent votes.

Back