• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

I did not see the game but was in my car listening to the last 11 minutes. I had to listen to the State radio broadcast and those guys were the biggest homers I have heard since Bob Harris. They kept disputing every call or non call and made it sound like State was being called for everything while Clemson was not getting called for anything. Point is I was shocked to get home, saw the stats and Clemson was called for 3 more fouls than State was, I am glad we have to best and most professional announcer in the college sports game, Stan "the man" Cotten!

I hadn't realized this but noticed it when Pitt came to Cville. What's wrong with making his brother his assistant?

A: It’s nepotism.
B: What happens when Digital Underground wants to go on tour?

This Louisville / ND game is ponderous without Mooney-cam.

This is pretty hard to watch. Nd/ville. Announcers seem to make it worse

It's also a great case of why the RPI doesn't matter anymore.

This. RPI went away because it was a flawed/shit metric. Hell, even Gott was able to manipulate it. As for a “phantom foul” lol, need to go watch the tape again. KenPom of 32, equal NET, 9-8 in Q1/Q2 wins. Robbed of a win @Wisky and took #1 seed UVA to OT. May beat them tomorrow. What are we even doing here if State doesn’t make the tourney?

the foul call that put State at the line at the end of the game was so bad

Go check out the N&O photos. May have been the only call (both ways) that the refs got right all night. ACC refs and Swofs army are atrocious.

This. RPI went away because it was a flawed/shit metric. Hell, even Gott was able to manipulate it. As for a “phantom foul” lol, need to go watch the tape again. KenPom of 32, equal NET, 9-8 in Q1/Q2 wins. Robbed of a win @Wisky and took #1 seed UVA to OT. May beat them tomorrow. What are we even doing here if State doesn’t make the tourney?

The final foul was clearly not a foul. Even my most annoying State friends can admit it, don’t make yourself look stupid.

0045.JPG

Is this the picture you’re talking about from the N&O? Where’s the foul? Markell putting his knee into the defender? Yeah maybe that was a foul, ON STATE. That was the only contact that was made.

He got him. Only real debate is if it was a shooting foul IMO:

0046.JPG

I mean come on man. Enlighten us. The whole country must not be seeing what you’re seeing...

0045.JPG

Is this the picture you’re talking about from the N&O? Where’s the foul? Markell putting his knee into the defender? Yeah maybe that was a foul, ON STATE. That was the only contact that was made.

Nah. Foul was half a second before. Go look at the photo story N&O photo Ethan Hyman has up on twitter. Pretty clear

Bingo. State guys were saying Brownell was screaming to foul with like 5 seconds left before the drive but guys didn’t hear/listen.

Bingo. State guys were saying Brownell was screaming to foul with like 5 seconds left before the drive but guys didn’t hear/listen.

If you're gonna do that you have to do it before dude starts his drive. Poor by Brownell, gotta make sure that's known by the players well ahead of time

Agree. I honestly thought the end game strategy was bad by Clemson. Had 2 fouls against with 2 min left and fouled to shorten the game I guess? We’re up one and all they had to do was get a stop. State got the offensive board with like 37 seconds left, I’d have played it straight up again.

Shit. You’re right. I wasn’t looking at the video thumbnail.

Agree. I honestly thought the end game strategy was bad by Clemson. Had 2 fouls against with 2 min left and fouled to shorten the game I guess? We’re up one and all they had to do was get a stop. State got the offensive board with like 37 seconds left, I’d have played it straight up again.

Clemson has had so many close losses under him over the years. I know a good portion of that is luck, but when you get burned so many times I think you start making bad decisions

Sooooo, like we need to 'lose' anything else, the Pitt guy has made 7 3ptrs midway through the 2nd half. Randolph, of course, holds the record with 9.

Back