• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pittsburgh @ Groves Stadium NOON Sat. Nov. 17

From the few times I’ve watched they really heavily on their 2 senior RBs. One of them has been hurt the last couple week with a hammy, but the other one had a Colburn vs Louisville type performance.

Huh? Pitt will be favored by 5 or less. State was favored by 19. Not in any way similar.

Would like nothing more than the Deacs and pundits to prove me wrong.
I still predict that Pitt will give the Deacs all they want similar to formidable BC.
State gave the Deacs all they wanted as Deacs only led for about 30 seconds of the game.

In all my travels I cannot recall ever meeting a Pitt fan, or even so much as seeing Pitt gear being worn by someone out in public. I know a couple from up there that sent both their boys to Pitt, but they were and still remain all PSU.

Pitt is going to be a problem...a huge problem

Yeah, but State was supposed to be one too? I think Thursday gave our guys a huge boost in confidence and they’ll be ready to give Pitt our best shot. We’ll find out if that will be enough though.

I feel pretty good about beating Duke in Durham after they’ve clinched a bowl bid.

They owe us one for allowing them to go bowling last year. Time to pay up.

Me and the wife are going to the game. We have been to all the home games this year and not going to miss this one. Hope the rest of you show up.

Bud Foster's defense* just gave up 425 yards of offense in the first half

*they are missing at least two starters, but as we know, everyone has injuries...

My niece is going to Pitt on a swimming schollie next year. She and her father are talking all kinds of smack. F pitt and their dozens of fans.

I will not be one bit surprised if this Wake team wins out.

I will not be one bit surprised if this Wake team loses to Pitt and Duke by a combined 70 points.

I will not be one bit surprised if this Wake team wins out.

I will not be one bit surprised if this Wake team loses to Pitt and Duke by a combined 70 points.

This is about where I am. Well stated.

The big question is: will Wake fans travel well enough to fill BB&T field? Will mediocre fans be curious to see the man/child at QB and the rejuvenated defense enough to travel from Clemons and Lewisville and Kernersville and Pfafftown and Rural Hall and fill the stadium? It has been too long since Grove Stadium was truly rocking.

How about from New Bern? 4 hrs and too old not to know better

Be sure to go to Wally Wade in two weeks. Plenty of seats will be available.

The big question is: will Wake fans travel well enough to fill BB&T field? Will mediocre fans be curious to see the man/child at QB and the rejuvenated defense enough to travel from Clemons and Lewisville and Kernersville and Pfafftown and Rural Hall and fill the stadium? It has been too long since Grove Stadium was truly rocking.

What about the caravan that usually rolls in from Tobaccoville?

Line will be interesting on this one. Before last night, Pitt would have been about a 3.5 point favorite per Sagarin. If they perform roughly to par tomorrow, will likely be close to a toss up.

The good news for Wake is we have a home game against a team who (leading the Coastal or not) is not a top 50 team per advanced metrics.

Not correct - the line will be nowhere close to a toss-up.

Everyone agrees that even though Wake beat State the line will be more like 5 or 6 simply because those who put out the line will list "Wake quarterback Hartman out" and will adjust the line a points for that. (Whether that was right or wrong and they don't even do the research to see we played our best game of the year with the back-up.)

If Hartman wasn't out they would just do the Sagarin math and the line would be 2 or 3. Hopefully Jamie proves em wrong that the line should not be 5 or 6.

The line is Wake +6.

Back