• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Crenshaw on SNL

RJ disliking the youngest member of SNL and the first SNL cast member to be born in the 1990's is so on brand it hurts.

Also, RJ, you wouldn't know a sense of humor if it smacked you in the face.

He probably grew up on The Three Stooges though. That was funny stuff.

The “Dems cry a lot” tag is funny here since it wasn’t them crying about the original joke against Crenshaw. And maybe it’s in poor taste but I didn’t think it was that bad or even offensive. Guy wears an eye patch, I’m sure people joke to his face daily and he probably laughs it off.

Can you imagine what Trump would say about a Dem politician with an eye patch? Pubs would laugh their asses off.

I laugh at Rj posts with a greater frequency than any other poster. To say the man doesn't know comedy is disingenuous.

I laugh at Rj posts with a greater frequency than any other poster. To say the man doesn't know comedy is disingenuous.

Oh I agree, RJ breaks the unintentional comedy scale on a daily basis. But he has no actual idea what is it is not funny and why things he says are or are not funny.

Can you imagine what Trump would say about a Dem politician with an eye patch? Pubs would laugh their asses off.

exactly. what a bunch of fucking snowflake hypocrites.

I'd say it depends on what "conservative values" we're talking about.

A cherishing of honesty, integrity, hard work, personal and civic responsibility, etc.? Sure.

But anymore, "conservative" values look more like greed, selfishness, hate, prejudice, personal and civic irresponsibility, etc. No, we don't want immigrants to exhibit what have become the dominant "conservative" values.

I really like Pete Davidson, but he certainly isn't dynamic. That's ok. I also really respect him for not hiding his troubles with mental illness. It's just little things, like when he was talking about Kanye West and saying that nobody should be bragging about being off their meds. People with mental illness need that medication, and shouldn't be made to feel like they aren't supported.

In that article, it looks like the only way for him to continue is to hook up with another pop star and get dumped again when people tire of his only character. The article lays out that he sucks in skits and can't do impressions or other characters. That's the core of SNL.

In that article, it looks like the only way for him to continue is to hook up with another pop star and get dumped again when people tire of his only character. The article lays out that he sucks in skits and can't do impressions or other characters. That's the core of SNL.

no, the core of SNL is being funny and connecting with the audience to, you know, entertain them

Some people just have charisma. I initially kinda wanted to hate him, because he looks ridiculous, but now he's one of my favorite cast members. Also, the weekend update guys don't act in skits, and they seem to be doing just fine.

Last edited:

Norm Macdonald did ok with a comparable schtick for his era.

Just remember that SNL will always be targeting people a lot younger than you with their humor, and you will enjoy it a lot more.

Some people just have charisma.

Absolutely agree, but his is based on one thing. When people tire of that one thing, he will be either lost or pathetic. Having "it" is a tremendous advantage, but not having any range or real talent is not a good thing.

There are plenty of young comics that could excel on SNL. Among those are Joe Pera, Jak Knight and Joel Kim Booster.

PD has really rustled RJ’s jimmies here. Hope he doesn’t plan to make a line of fruit juices.

Hey, if Lorne wants to keep paying him, Davidson should keep cashing the checks.

As Andrew Clay told Mike and me at The Rainbow, "Dice is a character. If they wanted to pay me $250,000 a night to be a one legged transvestite, I'd be him."

andrew clay didn't tell you and mike shit

Back