Page 356 of 393 FirstFirst ... 256306346351352353354355356357358359360361366 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,120 of 7854

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    The irony of your constant blaming boomers of all the bad in the world cascades against your refusal to blame your generation for voting in the lowest percentage of any age demographic, placing any blame on Bernie supporters for voting for Trump or staying home.

It's also lazy and dishonest to paint all boomers with the same brush when know many don't hold those beliefs. Should we consider you and all of your generation to be Nazi skinheads since there is a rising tide of such action in the under 35 group?

To all others on the board, I am so sorry. I need to click my heels, come to attention and just take whatever Strick posts as he knows all and I know nothing.

I am truly sorry. What the hell am I thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    The irony of your constant blaming boomers of all the bad in the world cascades against your refusal to blame your generation for voting in the lowest percentage of any age demographic, placing any blame on Bernie supporters for voting for Trump or staying home.

It's also lazy and dishonest to paint all boomers with the same brush when know many don't hold those beliefs. Should we consider you and all of your generation to be Nazi skinheads since there is a rising tide of such action in the under 35 group?

To all others on the board, I am so sorry. I need to click my heels, come to attention and just take whatever Strick posts as he knows all and I know nothing.

Shut up already, RJ. You didn't even attempt to address my question.

You don't find it curious that boomers and older generations who already benefit from Medicare are against extending a similar benefit to younger generations?
    We're going to be good again.

This has future sokolove post written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post

You don't find it curious that boomers and older generations who already benefit from Medicare are against extending a similar benefit to younger generations?
    I would suspect that a main reason is that they didn't get those benefits when they were younger and they were paying taxes to support the elderly generation of their day.

The word is SOME...not all as you always ascribe. You paint ALL boomers as the SAME. That means we should be able to do the same to you. Until you accept that SOME boomers think this not all, you c an't be taken seriously.

There millions upon millions of boomers who agree on getting to universal coverage. But you never acknowledge that. We don't exist in your world. This makes your posts laughable and lazy.

You are probably the last person on this board who should cry about people not directly responding to you. Every time you are proven wrong, you simply ignore it or change the subject. Then, you blame others.

Robert O'Kelley
    The generational finger pointing (in whatever direction) is kind of dumb.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    I would suspect that a main reason is that they didn't get those benefits when they were younger and they were paying taxes to support the elderly generation of their day.
    Thatís what I thought, Chris. Thanks for responding.

This is a good data point in a case for older generations ceding governing power to younger generations, imo.

If older generations are against expanding access to ďxĒ and their resistance is driven by resentment of their own access limitations at an early point in time, then they canít actually represent their constituents.

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

The word is SOME...not all as you always ascribe. You paint ALL boomers as the SAME. That means we should be able to do the same to you. Until you accept that SOME boomers think this not all, you c an't be taken seriously.

There millions upon millions of boomers who agree on getting to universal coverage. But you never acknowledge that. We don't exist in your world. This makes your posts laughable and lazy.

You are probably the last person on this board who should cry about people not directly responding to you. Every time you are proven wrong, you simply ignore it or change the subject. Then, you blame others.
    You donít support a non-incrementalist approach to M4A, so why are you looping yourself in with boomers who do?

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    not just kind of

You donít support a non-incrementalist approach to M4A, so why are you looping yourself in with boomers who do?
    You act like changing 1/6 of the US economy can be done in non-incremental way. Even phasing it in over a 3-6 period is, by definition, incremental.

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

You act like changing 1/6 of the US economy can be done in non-incremental way. Even phasing it in over a 3-6 period is, by definition, incremental.
    I know what you believe. Iím saying that you shouldnít lump yourself in with boomers+ (Sanders/Warren and their supporters, in particular) that believe in something else.

When boomers+ dominate our government and weíre discussing politics, Iím not sure I agree with this take.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Petty AF. Classic boomers.

I mean thereís a lot of that same argument from generations younger than boomers that paid off their student loans so fuck loan forgiveness that I didnít get.

Robert O'Kelley
    Just argue against or for the policy as you see fit.

I don't think it helps to blame it on some generational BS.

If you think it does or makes you feel better, have at it.

But really, people are not so different. "Boomers" growing up today would be like kids of today, and vice versa. Sure, when you came along has something to do with who you are. But I think it's lazy and offensive rather than effective to just blame "those" (certain-aged) people instead of arguing for a truth, policy, or proposition that you believe is good (etc.).

Inslee donezo

I know what you believe. Iím saying that you shouldnít lump yourself in with boomers+ (Sanders/Warren and their supporters, in particular) that believe in something else.
    Hilarious. Changing the subject again. Long before you came to these boards, I was on the side of universal care. I've been for everyone, of any age being able to buy into Medicare coverage.

If you had ever worked in HR, you'd understand allowing every individual and every company to be able to do this would accomplish the goal of reaching universal care quickly and seamlessly. If a company has 100 or 1000 employees, the ability to save 25-35% of the top would drive almost all of them to the Medicare option as soon as they could end their current contracts.

We all see your visceral distaste for me and any boomer who won't kowtow to you or not click their heels to agree with you 100% without any discussion or negotiation. Rather than trying to build a coalition that will get you where want to be, you'd throw the baby out with the bath water than not get 100% of what you want, when you want it.

Just argue against or for the policy as you see fit.

I don't think it helps to blame it on some generational BS.

If you think it does or makes you feel better, have at it.

But really, people are not so different. "Boomers" growing up today would be like kids of today, and vice versa. Sure, when you came along has something to do with who you are. But I think it's lazy and offensive rather than effective to just blame "those" (certain-aged) people instead of arguing for a truth, policy, or proposition that you believe is good (etc.).
    Boomers growing up today would shit their pants because of how difficult it is to be a young adult vs. when they were young adults.

Robert O'Kelley
    Boomers growing up today would be just like today's young folks.

Boomers growing up today would be just like today's young folks.
    BINGO!!!!

There's nothing new with a generation blaming the one(s) before it for all their ills.