Page 421 of 468 FirstFirst ... 321371411416417418419420421422423424425426431 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,420 of 9347

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    trump is the nickelback of presidents
    Idk why, but this made my laugh like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    I don't think calling a homely person homely is a BS smear machine campaign. But you do you, Townie.
    Just saying you’re being selective about your problematic policing.

Though I guess since this thread is hellbent on relitigating 2016 it’s not surprising we’ve somehow gotten back to Hillary; Hot or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Favorability is different than head to head polling IMO.

And that's your opinion Sailor but why do you believe Donald's numbers will go up over the next year from his current position in head to head polling? He's further behind than I believe he was at any point to Hillary to Biden and Warren and about the same as his worst deficit with Bernie (9 points).

Also Sailor I've consistently been courteous to you and avoided name calling even though I find your positions abhorrent and disgusting, I wish you could extend the same courtesy or let me know so I can drop any pretense of cordial discussion.
    Not that he’s provided any reasoning or data behind his claim, but Sailor is not wrong in the sense that the polls have an accuracy and prediction problem. They largely indicated a Clinton win in 2016 and many of us were over confident but in the end Trump weeks out a spatial victory. There is a good chance the polls still have a accuracy and prediction problem and it is easy to just believe they are wrong.
    Birds are real.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

The problem with the polls in 2016 was that polls several days end before Election Day and Comey blew things wide open leading into an election.

The other issue is that there was a ebb and flow to the general election polling numbers. Hillary would get big leads that would close weeks later. Polling ended just as Hillary was losing a lead going into Election Day.

Another related factor is that Republicans have been notoriously effective at creating some fake or exaggerated story the peaks right before the election. Caravans, Ebola, whatever. Polling can’t count that.

In short, polling gives us an rough estimate of the electorate in the last week of October. The overall result could swing with contests in a few states polling right on the margin of error.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Just saying you’re being selective about your problematic policing.

Though I guess since this thread is hellbent on relitigating 2016 it’s not surprising we’ve somehow gotten back to Hillary; Hot or Not?
    Who knew that would be what finally brough us all together. #unitethetunnels

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailordeac View Post
    Keep hope alive!
    RE: Hope- The economy Obama left behind is the only reason Trump isn't in jail by now.

I do have to admit I'm curious what happened to brunette Elizabeth Warren.

Expanding Mod Powers
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I do have to admit I'm curious what happened to brunette Elizabeth Warren.
    She was too mousey as a brunette.

Also, too shrill.

Now that Trump has brought them into the political arena, my ticket for 2020 is Pop/Kerr!!!

Besides each being brilliant and informed, think of how much fun their press conferences would be.

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    RT & Fox will play this up.

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

I feel like Tulsi is being groomed to be the Jill Stein of the race who can siphon off enough Bernie supporters to give Trump a victory in the swing states.

The Doomsday scenario is if Bernie exits for health reasons and endorses Tulsi and Tulsi loses and mounds a third party run.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 10-10-2019 at 12:56 PM.

In what universe would Bernie ever endorse Tulsi

In what universe would Tulsi have a chance?

Tulsi's definitely trying to rile up the anger from the Bernie fans. The problem is that Bernie is also in the race, and is a front runner.

I feel like her most likely role is as Biden's VP candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    In what universe would Bernie ever endorse Tulsi
    It's a doomsday scenario. I think he'll be in the race longer than she is but if his health goes bad, there will be pressure on him to endorse even if any endorsement will just piss off a segment of his base.

No way in hell is Tulsi Biden's VP.

She brings nothing to the ticket for Biden. I don't see her being considered for that slot at all.

It's a doomsday scenario. I think he'll be in the race longer than she is but if his health goes bad, there will be pressure on him to endorse even if any endorsement will just piss off a segment of his base.

I don't see a world where Sanders drops out and endorses anyone other than Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    Got to love Bernie.

This doomsday scenario is somewhere between implausible and offensive. Bernie Sanders is many things, but he's not the kind of person or politician who lacks character, foresight, and a broader commitment to "good." He'll endorse Warren or Biden, just like he did Clinton last time. How do we know that? Well, because that's what happened last time.

You're quietly going down the Nate Silver path of using the fact that technically any outcomes has a non-zero chance of happening as an opportunity to smear Sanders. Yes, Ph - a shirtless Bernie Sanders riding a pterodactyl could decide that life is meaningless, drop out of the race, and endorse Tulsi Gabbard while maniacally screaming invectives about Liz Warren as he flies off into the sunset.

Are there any other ridiculous scenarios that we should discuss?
    We're going to be good again.