• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Definitely not saying this is a good thing, but didn't she ruffle some feathers with the powers that be over how she led the charge to get Franken to resign?

Definitely not saying this is a good thing, but didn't she ruffle some feathers with the powers that be over how she led the charge to get Franken to resign?

I don't know much about her, but this was a definite plus for her in my book.

I don't know much about her, but this was a definite plus for her in my book.

to be clear, I'm saying it's not a good thing DNC people were upset about it. but we have seen how they can obviously favor one candidate over another.

I’m sorry. I’m just kind of bored of the snark police routine on the tunnels as of late. Weird turn for the tunnels and it’s a shame given the collective intelligence on here.

I’m a Gillibrand fan in this field. Happy to address her record if you (or anybody) has questions or wants to debate.

Happily. So my buddy and I were going to see an afternoon movie on a Saturday, and when we walk into the theater its pretty crowded, except we see about twenty seats covered with jackets. Not two whole rows, but like a clump of seats. Seat saving is fine, but the sheer amount of seats covered was what ticked me off. When I asked a gentleman sitting in the clump if all the seats were taken, he replied they were. About a minute before the lights go out, Gillibrand and her son and a couple of his friends walked in and took the seats. I made a comment to my friend loud enough to be heard saying, they didn't need to take up all those seats, and the seat saving gentleman turned around saying to me "Did you really want to sit next tot all these kids?" This led me to believe that Gillibrand sent someone ahead to save a ton of seats so her kid could have whatever seats he wanted.

Now, isn't this the exact kind of liberal elitism that turns off middle america, this better than everyone else mentality, that the rules don't apply to certain people?

Happily. So my buddy and I were going to see an afternoon movie on a Saturday, and when we walk into the theater its pretty crowded, except we see about twenty seats covered with jackets. Not two whole rows, but like a clump of seats. Seat saving is fine, but the sheer amount of seats covered was what ticked me off. When I asked a gentleman sitting in the clump if all the seats were taken, he replied they were. About a minute before the lights go out, Gillibrand and her son and a couple of his friends walked in and took the seats. I made a comment to my friend loud enough to be heard saying, they didn't need to take up all those seats, and the seat saving gentleman turned around saying to me "Did you really want to sit next tot all these kids?" This led me to believe that Gillibrand sent someone ahead to save a ton of seats so her kid could have whatever seats he wanted.

Now, isn't this the exact kind of liberal elitism that turns off middle america, this better than everyone else mentality, that the rules don't apply to certain people?

RIP Gillibrand Campaign.

I look forward to the the ultimate fight between Strick and the M&Ms about how Gillebrand isn't a REAL progressive.

Personally, I have no idea who to support at this point. I'm generally against anybody who is old, which rules out Biden, Sanders, and Warren. Other than that, lets see some debates and speeches and try to figure out who connects.

Personally, I have no idea who to support at this point. I'm generally against anybody who is old, which rules out Biden, Sanders, and Warren

69 isn't that old, or not so nice. Who'd you support in 2016, O'Malley?

It's too bad Brown isn't 10-15 years younger. He could destroy Trump.

I was working out in DC one day about 7 or 8 years ago. Hum drum gym, nothing special, not particularly elite. My thing is pullups. I've always been able to do them since I was kid. And I don't cheat. I don't those half ass 6 inch pullups and don't swing my legs for momentum. All shoulders, arms, and chest.

Anyway, I get to the gym, and it is usually the first thing I do when I am fresh, and I finish with it too on chest, arms days. I do my thing, 120 pullups. I could do more, but why?

Over almost immediately walks this girl I swear a foot shorter than me - I am 6'2" or used to be anyway. Over walks this woman, looks like an lawyer. A fit lawyer yes, but certainly didn't stand out as an athlete. NOBODY recognizes her. Not even the trainers flitting around. She proceeds to jump up and do 130 perfect pull ups. 130. I count them off because she is sort of smiling at me. I ignore her and go do my stuff. Running around from thing to thing. She ignores me, I ignore her. He disappears for a while somewhere, comes back. I am finishing up my little routine and pop off 10 more pulls ups. Damn if this lady doesn't walk over again with a slight smile to do pull ups. Finally, I recognize her. It's her eyes. Otherwise, I wouldn't have. She does 140 pull ups. Perfect form. I say, Kirsten Gillibrand? You're shitting me? She smiles, puts a finger to her lips to shush me and walks away.

True story.

I look forward to the the ultimate fight between Strick and the M&Ms about how Gillebrand isn't a REAL progressive.

Personally, I have no idea who to support at this point. I'm generally against anybody who is old, which rules out Biden, Sanders, and Warren. Other than that, lets see some debates and speeches and try to figure out who connects.
Nah, strick is cool. Gillbrand is flawed, but not terrible. Of the serious announced candidates so far i'd go:

1. Elizabeth Warren
2. Kirsten Gillibrand
3. Julian Castro
4. Kamala Harris
5. Tulsi Gabbard

Why do you have Castro so high?

mdmh thinks he can get a date just by telling a chick he'll vote for her for POTUS.

Back