• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

says the guy walkin' around with his Insulin Insult Gun™ locked and loaded like a Trumpshill militiaman

Deval Patrick has no money and not much staff. He’s counting on optimism.

Newly minted presidential candidate Deval Patrick wants to appeal to black voters, but by a matter of days he missed the deadline to make the ballots in Alabama and Arkansas, two states with large black populations. He wants to win moderates and build a national coalition, but because he didn’t alert officials in Michigan of his candidacy earlier this week, he now faces the extraordinary task of gathering 11,000 signatures in the next month.

His campaign forgot to register the devalpatrick2020.org domain, so it’s instead forwarding to a harsh piece by Howie Carr, a Boston Herald columnist and longtime Patrick antagonist.

The only thing that makes sense is that Patrick wants to be VP but doesn't think the VP will come from outside of the field, so he's half-heartly throwing himself in with hopes of getting enough support that a white nominee will pick him.

Seems like a lot of far left but my Insulin crowd are just compassionate to Americans america first crowd, like great our wealth allows us to afford insulin now but don’t worry about the rest of the poor as shit world. (This doesn’t really apply to mbro1 because I think they don’t even believe in borders)

Seems like a lot of far left but my Insulin crowd are just compassionate to Americans america first crowd, like great our wealth allows us to afford insulin now but don’t worry about the rest of the poor as shit world. (This doesn’t really apply to mbro1 because I think they don’t even believe in borders)

What if, stay with me here, our wealth was generated/stolen from the rest of the “poor as shit world?”

No, not at all, just pointing out that if you're blaming the messenger as Connor seemed to be, that it's not like I posted a Fox News article. I assume Pete is pretty good on LGBT issues, though I haven't looked into it.

Ummm...I’m saying the message is questionable and unjustifiably inflammatory.

Have you thought about diet and exercise as a long term solution to your type 2 diabetes?

VqpxPu.gif

Seems like a good dude but this is the first I’ve heard of him since he entered the race. I don’t think he had any traction in FL. FL Dems need all the help they can get though. It seems like a poorly run organization.

Seems like a good dude but this is the first I’ve heard of him since he entered the race. I don’t think he had any traction in FL. FL Dems need all the help they can get though. It seems like a poorly run organization.

Posted mainly for a laugh. The only thing I've really heard about him since his launch video was this:

“The Most Immoral, Unethical Thing I’ve Ever Seen In My 15 Years Of Politics” — Inside A Small City Mayor’s Campaign For President

The documents as well as staffers, some of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect future employment prospects, depicted a no-hope campaign that nonetheless was embroiled in bitter disputes over money and control — a “D-list version of The Sopranos,” in one description. In particular, staff members claim that Wayne and his wife, Angela Messam, have refused to pay them for their work. All of the staffers and vendors that BuzzFeed News spoke with said they were never fully compensated for their work on the campaign and, in some cases, weren’t paid at all for expenses they’d fronted from their own bank accounts, including business cards for the campaign and flights, hotel rooms, and security costs for a trip to the Middle East. In some instances, staffers were told by the Messams that the couple believed them to be “volunteering” for the campaign, despite emails from senior staff to the Messams telling them about start dates for employees, and what staff members say were verbal agreements and offer letters from the campaign for their positions.

The Messam campaign disputed the claims made by former employees and contractors in an email to BuzzFeed News, saying that all of the allegations “can all be sourced back to the unauthorized actions” by a consulting firm, Dark Horse, LLC, that had done work for the campaign. They allege that employees of Dark Horse “used the campaign’s image and likeness to promote themselves and to paint the false narrative that the campaign was responsible for the alleged disputes.”

On an organized call after that email to answer questions about what was happening to the staff’s paychecks, the Messams told staffers that they didn’t know some of the employees or contractors and that they had assumed some staff members were volunteering for the campaign. They told other staffers that they just didn’t have the money to pay them for their work, according to multiple employees and contractors who joined the call.

Back