Page 483 of 677 FirstFirst ... 383433473478479480481482483484485486487488493533583 ... LastLast
Results 9,641 to 9,660 of 13538

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

  1. #9641
    The black college student polling is interesting. Shows (perhaps unsurprisingly) that Biden's support from the black community trends a little bit older - I wonder if there's any statistically significant difference between black people and other groups when cross-referencing age in their Biden support.

  2. #9642
    Iím already tired of these Bloomberg ads. Shame he didnít dump this money into GOTV or something more useful.

  3. #9643
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Ugh. Strickland, give me strength!
    Strength, you will be given.
    We're going to be good again.

  4. #9644
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Who is in everyone's top three right now?

    Mine is Warren, Bernie, Pete although my interest in Pete continues to drop. Yang is intriguing but I'm not sure I'll ever get to a point where I'm a big fan. Warren and Bernie are head and shoulders above the rest of the crowd for me right now.
    1) Warren
    2) Anyone else
    3) Obama

  5. #9645
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Who is in everyone's top three right now?

    Mine is Warren, Bernie, Pete although my interest in Pete continues to drop. Yang is intriguing but I'm not sure I'll ever get to a point where I'm a big fan. Warren and Bernie are head and shoulders above the rest of the crowd for me right now.
    Warren, Sanders, Castro

    Remaining candidates ranked:

    Booker, Harris, Yang, Williamson, Steyer, RJ, Biden, Junebug, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Bloomberg
    We're going to be good again.

  6. #9646
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    44,012
    Tulsi!

  7. #9647
    I donít have a top three, I love them all equally.
    Birds are real.

  8. #9648
    https://www.theroot.com/pete-buttigi...-mf-1840038708

    Majority-minority schools receive $23 billion less in funding than majority-white schools, according to a recent study by EdBuild. Black students in Indiana, the state where Buttigieg serves as mayor, and across the country, are disciplined more harshly than white students. But even though Buttigieg has never attended a school with more than 10 percent black students, he thinks he knows whatís stopping black kids from achieving their educational dreams.

    Apparently, itís not the fact that the unemployment rate for black college graduates is twice as high as the unemployment rate for white grads. Black college graduates are paid 80 cents for every dollar a white person with the same education earns. White people leave college with lower debt and higher earnings. White kids get more resources, more advanced classes and have access to more technology. But Pete says it could all be solved with a vision-board.

    Mayor Peteís bullshittery is not just wrong, it is proof.

    It proves men like him are more willing to perpetuate the fantastic narrative of negro neighborhoods needing more role models and briefcase-carriers than make the people in power stare into the sun and see the blinding light of racism. Get-along moderates would rather make shit up out of whole cloth than wade into the waters of reality. Pete Buttigieg doesnít want to change anything. He just wants to be something.

  9. #9649
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,251
    I saw that article was trending and thought, oh shit, that must be a really solid piece nailing Pete for something recent he really messed up. Then I read it and it is all based on one pretty innocuous quote from 2011 and blames Pete for everything wrong in Indiana and the nation -- smart! It is a completely trash article.

  10. #9650
    Well there's something shoo and Pete having in common, being completely dismissive of the black experience.

  11. #9651
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,251
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Well there's something shoo and Pete having in common, being completely dismissive of the black experience.
    LOL - GFY. No issue with content related solely to the black experience -- it's the tying it to Pete that is bullshitery and you know that. And I'm sure you are locked into the black experience, privileged white male.

  12. #9652
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Well there's something shoo and Pete having in common, being completely dismissive of the black experience.
    Because if there is one thing Townie gets, it's the Black experience.

  13. #9653
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    44,012
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    Well there's something shoo and Pete having in common, being completely dismissive of the black experience.
    while that may be true, he's not wrong about the article.

    that's a sad pic of Pete, doe
    Last edited by ImTheCaptain; 11-26-2019 at 11:19 AM.

  14. #9654
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    44,012
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Because if there is one thing Townie gets, it's the Black experience.
    must spread rep

  15. #9655
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,251
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Because if there is one thing Townie gets, it's the Black experience.
    I do want to congratulate him on his recent marriage though.


  16. #9656
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    It is a completely trash article.
    Democracy dies in Darkness

  17. #9657
    I read the article. I fail to see how this is a bad pick.

  18. #9658
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    I saw that article was trending and thought, oh shit, that must be a really solid piece nailing Pete for something recent he really messed up. Then I read it and it is all based on one pretty innocuous quote from 2011 and blames Pete for everything wrong in Indiana and the nation -- smart! It is a completely trash article.
    That article read like someone went in with an axe to grind and manufactured a narrative around a quote from 8 years ago.

    Complete trash is accurate.

  19. #9659
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    44,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    That article read like someone went in with an axe to grind and manufactured a narrative around a quote from 8 years ago.

    Complete trash is accurate.
    townie posting hatchet article about Pete? say it ain't so !

  20. #9660
    I did go to decent public schools in Winston-Salem, and had the benefit of some diversity in the classroom before the Wake bubble. I didn't post (or read) the article because of my own experience though, but because I found one different from my own to be edifying. It's ok that it didn't resonate with you or that it irked you that it vilified Pete. The anger is telling too, though.

    I disagree that the article blames Pete for causing problems. In fact, I found the writing quite lucid, especially the quote I already pulled out, which is to say Pete knows better than what he's saying here, and he's knowingly perpetuating sterotypes that are unhelpful at best and damaging at worst. We don't really have much history to judge him on other than his one run for elected office where these quotes are taken from. So far the education policy the debates have focused on has generally been student loan debt cancellation and not primary or secondary ed. He doesn't have a section about it on his Issues page of his website either, just higher ed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •