• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

i think everyone's just saying bernie's teflon looks a lot better from inside the Bro Belt than outside

Disagree, I think Bernie's populist message has a similar type of teflon to that of which Trump has.

Bernie IMO is the strongest candidate to run against Trump. Plus throw on top of that his message plays in the Rust Belt where most other dems fall short.

if Bernie is the nominee, I don't get the feeling that what the Trump campaign brings at Bernie will have a great impact

feelings not facts, but it feels like there wouldn't be a lot of people deciding between Trump or Bernie -- it's going to be between voting or not voting

the biggest challenge will be for Bernie to excite enough people who are disillusioned or disinterested to go out and vote

Bernie has a very short fuse. If he's the nominee, maybe they should have ring filled with Jell-O for when he and Trump lose it to fight it out.

Bernie isn't the candidate that has talked about physically beating up Trump.

i think everyone's just saying bernie's teflon looks a lot better from inside the Bro Belt than outside

maybe, but he's also surging at the polls?

i think there are pretty good ways of going after bernie, but there are also ways that are going to fall super flat that all the major outlets keep pratfalling into (identity politics, his supporters are Very Mean Online, he's Trump 2.0).

and for everyone else outside of the ChrisL, i know it definitely seems like i'm in the tank for bernie and not really going to the mat for Warren. if i'm really honest with myself, i think Warren would make a better president than Sanders. I am closer to Sanders politically, but I think Warren has a better temperament, is a more pragmatic person, is clearly savvy and smart, and she seems to be a lot better about working within the confines of the dem establishment, which is clearly important for a lot of voters and politicians she'll need to connect with. the reason i'm rarely sticking up for her on here is she doesn't seem to get as many attacks. i've been critical of her when I've seen her start to waver on things like m4a. she should be positioning herself as the reasonable leftist, but also not walking back from popular ideas. and it seems like she's kind of in trouble at the polls and this is looking more like a two horse race.

maybe, but he's also surging at the polls?

i think there are pretty good ways of going after bernie, but there are also ways that are going to fall super flat that all the major outlets keep pratfalling into (identity politics, his supporters are Very Mean Online, he's Trump 2.0).

and for everyone else outside of the ChrisL, i know it definitely seems like i'm in the tank for bernie and not really going to the mat for Warren. if i'm really honest with myself, i think Warren would make a better president than Sanders. I am closer to Sanders politically, but I think Warren has a better temperament, is a more pragmatic person, is clearly savvy and smart, and she seems to be a lot better about working within the confines of the dem establishment, which is clearly important for a lot of voters and politicians she'll need to connect with. the reason i'm rarely sticking up for her on here is she doesn't seem to get as many attacks. i've been critical of her when I've seen her start to waver on things like m4a. she should be positioning herself as the reasonable leftist, but also not walking back from popular ideas. and it seems like she's kind of in trouble at the polls and this is looking more like a two horse race.

agree

This is where I'm at, but I'm also still firmly in the Warren camp. Bernie Sanders would be a fine president, in my opinion, but I just want to see what a true progressive with an interest in working within the system is able to accomplish.

Also agree as to Warren. But I'm also afraid she may be bumping up against that same glass ceiling that Hillary did. Right now, 538 puts the nomination odds at 40% Biden, 30% Sanders, and 7% each Warren and Buttigieg.

by "parroting" you mean referencing the quotes from his show and tweets

somebody hasn't taken their red pill, i see !

ugh, joe rogan is a miserable person and fuck him

i don't like that sanders got an endorsement from him, but shit like that is why i'm still in the tank for warren and still hoping for a warren/castro ticket in the fall

somebody hasn't taken their red pill, i see !

ugh, joe rogan is a miserable person and fuck him

i don't like that sanders got an endorsement from him, but shit like that is why i'm still in the tank for warren and still hoping for a warren/castro ticket in the fall

Joe Rogan isn't even a republican, see his Bernie endorsement*

New-York-Times-clutches-pearls.jpg

he's just an insufferable dickhead, man

i don't care what team he's on

Bernie's biggest challenge is getting votes from centrists. I would imagine getting the media personality with the largest centrist base in America on your team would be a good thing. You can't win a general with only leftists.

I've said it before but it's like y'all want trump to win.

Last edited:
Plenty of "leftists" like Joe Rogan, too, man. He's not my cup of tea and I'm not going to celebrate that endorsement.

Back