• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Anyway here are the two columnists from the past two days who wrote "Bernie can't win" articles who draw down nice mid-6 figure salaries to be wrong for a living:

Jonathan Chait

EPX5uvDWoAAHxuU

David Frum

EPVVBjeVUAIKoSJ

Dude the whole fucking world thought there was no way Trump would win that election. Holding that prediction against someone is asinine.

i agree with you both but as it happens they've also been categorically wrong for decades and both cheerled the iraq war too (fram not only came up with axis of evil, but the phrase "we'll be greeted as liberators") but we still give them BANK to write these absurd nostradamus pieces, like maybe we shouldn't be listening to this clown who knows nothing more than the average idiot

EPX6zJQWAAAkA5i

How can RJ write those shitty posts over and over blaming younger voters (who work) for not outvoting the shitty voting of his generation (who don’t work and cower in fear bubbles all day)?

Hey buddy ever think of, ya know, getting your generation to not vote for Trump? Naaaahhh

How can RJ write those shitty posts over and over blaming younger voters (who work) for not outvoting the shitty voting of his generation (who don’t work and cower in fear bubbles all day)?

Hey buddy ever think of, ya know, getting your generation to not vote for Trump? Naaaahhh

I do it all the time. Hell, it even helped turn one of the reddest of red counties blue in 18. My district even got rid of uber-RWer Dana Rorabacher.

We helped turn the House. Maybe you should help get your lazy ass brethren to at least put in an absentee ballot.

But keep on joining in whining and blaming others. You do it so proudly.

I do it all the time. Hell, it even helped turn one of the reddest of red counties blue in 18. My district even got rid of uber-RWer Dana Rorabacher.

We helped turn the House. Maybe you should help get your lazy ass brethren to at least put in an absentee ballot.

The fact which is brought up repeatedly is that boomers vote overwhelmingly for Trump.

You respond to that fact by...whining and blaming other groups for not outvoting boomers.

Do you not see this?

You volunteered for Harley Rouda's campaign?

The fact which is brought up repeatedly is that boomers vote overwhelmingly for Trump.

You respond to that fact by...whining and blaming other groups for not outvoting boomers.

Do you not see this?

If you look at the history of voting, the young have historically been more liberal.

I didn't say outvoting. I said PARTICIPATE. If you aren't playing in the game, you don't have the right to bitch about the outcome.

But keep coming up with excuses. Rather than rallying your people and shoving it up our asses. Which is what I've been asking for over the years.

If you go to the park to play ball, you don't keep the court by bringing some orange slices. You have to take the court by playing and winning. But rather than play, you blame others for your weakness.

Take the fucking court! Don't wait for others to give it to you.

no matter how hard you try, you'll never convince a rational person that not-voting is worse than actively choosing Trump

their job is to generate clicks

yes but a byproduct of smug pundit brain is everyone who follows this closely now thinks they're a Politics Knower and it absolutely ruins the discourse. see also: ChrisL, who is still absolutely CERTAIN Hillary has Michigan in the bag.

no matter how hard you try, you'll never convince a rational person that not-voting is worse than actively choosing Trump

Not voting IS choosing Trump.

No rational person would say not voting is OK.

But not accepting responsibility is the cornerstone of millennials. Like Trump, nothing is ever your fault.

How many more times do I have to BEG you to take power before you actually do it?

How many more times do I have to say this before it gets through your thick, ageist skulls?

You can't take your turn, if you aren't in the game. Get in the fucking game and take over!

But not accepting responsibility is the cornerstone of millennials. Like Trump, nothing is ever your fault.

How many more times do I have to BEG you to take power before you actually do it?

How many more times do I have to say this before it gets through your thick, ageist skulls?

hmm

There's more than a few younger people on this thread who are actively involved in supporting political campaigns and movements. I legitimately don't understand where RJs hate comes from.

The density is triggering me

YOURS...for YEARS, I've been BEGGING you guys to takeover and you refuse to see. Then you deflect just like young Trumpees do.

Take the ball, win the game, run the court. Quit staying on the sidelines and crying. Kick us the fuck off the court.

It's your turn. But you have to play.

There's more than a few younger people on this thread who are actively involved in supporting political campaigns and movements. I legitimately don't understand where RJs hate comes from.

You are totally blind. It's not hate (a word that your generation uses way too much and don't understand). How many times do I and others have to BEG you to take power before you do it?

The rank dismissiveness of you and your colleagues is also a weakness. You don't want any help from anyone who doesn't genuflect and kiss your butts. You don't want to listen to anyone who doesn't kneel down to you. Even those of us who may agree with you 70-90% of what you want.

You demand total fealty just like Trump.

Last edited:
Back