Page 6 of 503 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Rusty Larue

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    If your not worried about trying to get my vote in this election, then enjoy feeling good about nominating your hard core leftist while Donald Trump enjoys four more years in office.
    I donít care about getting your vote. Chasing the Jeff Flakes of the world is a foolís errand and Democrats would be best to avoid it. There are certainly votes worth pursuing among Independents and even Trump voters, but I doubt yours is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RChildress107 View Post
    I donít care about getting your vote. Chasing the Jeff Flakes of the world is a foolís errand and Democrats would be best to avoid it. There are certainly votes worth pursuing among Independents and even Trump voters, but I doubt yours is one of them.
    Yup, just make sure whoever wins is charismatic and can rally the base. Fuck centrist pols. Hillary was a centrist and got zero Republican support.

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by JManslow View Post
    Yup, just make sure whoever wins is charismatic and can rally the base. Fuck centrist pols. Hillary was a centrist and got zero Republican support.
    except for the whole "popular vote" thing, but yeah

A Young Go-Hard
    Edit - nvm, not derailing the thread for same ol shit
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 11-13-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    Draxx them sklounst

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    except for the whole "popular vote" thing, but yeah
    She several million fewer votes than Obama.

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    She several million fewer votes than Obama.
    ...than Obama in 2008. Only about 60k fewer votes than Obama in 2012.
    Birds are real.

Itís going to be Beto/Harris in some order barring a gigantic scandal.
    I would get behind that.

The problem with Hillary wasnít her politics, it was Hillary.

This just blatantly isn't true. There were a considerable amount of Obama/Trump voters and Romney/Hillary voters, and they varied depending on districts. A lot of the more rural Obama districts broke for Trump, and some of the suburban and exurb districts that went for Romney went for Hillary. And I personally know a handful of establishment Pubs who hated Hillary but still voted for her over Trump. And on this board, NEDeac is such a voter. What happened was some of the Bernie crowd who were drawn to Trump's message of tearing down Washington and liked his message on trade and immigration broke for him instead of Hillary and vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    This just blatantly isn't true. There were a considerable amount of Obama/Trump voters and Romney/Hillary voters, and they varied depending on districts. A lot of the more rural Obama districts broke for Trump, and some of the suburban and exurb districts that went for Romney went for Hillary. And I personally know a handful of establishment Pubs who hated Hillary but still voted for her over Trump. And on this board, NEDeac is such a voter. What happened was some of the Bernie crowd who were drawn to Trump's message of tearing down Washington and liked his message on trade and immigration broke for him instead of Hillary and vice-versa.
    Haven't we been through this before only to find there is no data to back up this claim? Whole lotta #anecdotes and #feelings in your post.

Doesnít the data indicate they just didnít show up?

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    Haven't we been through this before only to find there is no data to back up this claim? Whole lotta #anecdotes and #feelings in your post.
    https://ballotpedia.org/Pivot_Counti...onal_districts

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...Romney-in-2012

No, this was a thing. Not a yuge thing, but a thing. My recollection is probably more Obama/Trump than Romney/Clinton, but there was more Dem/Pub crossover than usual in 2016, probably due to the insurgent populism that was significant in both parties. I think the 538 folks had also commented on it a couple times. But sure, love your hashtags.

A Young Go-Hard
    Love to relitigate the 2016 election on every political thread. Fuck we're going to do this forever aren't we?
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by cville deac View Post
    I donít think they broke for him as much as they stayed home or voted third party. Trump rules up a lot of low interest voters that would never show up for any other Republican.

Regardless, the party doesnít need to tack to the center in 2020. The candidate is ideologically going to be somewhere between Obama and Sanders.

A Young Go-Hard
    If you just look at the newly elected Dems you can see that Dem voters are moving left, now it's up to the party leaders to follow the momentum or resist it. Nancy Pelosi's immediate call to compromise with Republicans is an example of the party leaders resisting the momentum.
    Draxx them sklounst

Nancy needs to get with the program or sheís going to encourage more AOCs to take on the establishment. I donít know much about her own district but if she doesnít represent progressive interests, there will be money flowing in to take her out.

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Nancy needs to get with the program or sheís going to encourage more AOCs to take on the establishment. I donít know much about her own district but if she doesnít represent progressive interests, there will be money flowing in to take her out.
    Schumer is gonna get got before Pelosi. Heís fucking garbage and thinks itís the 1970s/80s instead of tribal warfare.

Oh heís very vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by AsesinoDeTortugas View Post
    Clearly. Please explain.
    the usa is not going to elect a black woman from CA as president in 2020