• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Houston Baptist Huskies - Friday November 23 - 2 pm ACC Network

I assume you are disappointed? :p ;)

Well, HBU was as bad as advertised. So yeah, pretty disappointed.

I mean, there was a time there when we got it up to 71-57 and I was thinking... "OK, not our best effort, but turnovers have kept HBU in this... We might still cover the 17." And then the fucking wheels fell off.

With just under 4 minutes left, when they cut it to a 4 point game I posted something about how when you let a shitty team hang around, you risk weird shit happening at the end of the game... But I didn't hit send because I thought it would be bad juju.

The 3 pointer they hit to send the game to OT was a clusterfuck of a play (but a wide open look). By the last minute of OT, I was laughing at how bad we blew the game (both in regulation and overtime). Just hilariously inept.

It's November 23rd, and the season is already over. I would say it's a strange feeling, but the season was over on November 23rd last year, too.

It's November 23rd, and the season is already over. I'd say it's a strange feeling, but the season was over on November 23rd last year, too.

I remember thinking Thanksgiving is when basketball season starts. It's finally here!

How strange.

This post/article is such a good summary of the badness that is our basketball program. I don’t know how anyone can read the objective arguments in it, and not agree that, at the least, Manning needs to go. There is a really strong argument that Wellman should go, too.

Surprised to see Dan Collins make such an obvious swipe at Wellman.

“I can recall when Wake was good in basketball, which means only that I’m old.

And I’m beginning to wonder if I’m too old to ever again see a day when Wake is again a respected member of the ACC.”

I’m considerably younger than Collins and I wonder the same thing.

It goes without saying that we should never be in a position where Houston Baptist has the game down to a one possession game. Our endgame defense was hilariously awful. Just brutal. Who is anyone guarding? Why are we all just watching the player dribbling inside the arc when we know they are down 3?

Then our last offensive possession in OT was worse. Just dicking around beyond the hash marks. No urgency. No need to initiate the offense. Let’s jack up a contested 3.

It’s cool though, eventually Manning will bring in better players and we won’t need coaching. Hats what I keep hearing, anyway.

It goes without saying that we should never be in a position where Houston Baptist has the game down to a one possession game. Our endgame defense was hilariously awful. Just brutal. Who is anyone guarding? Why are we all just watching the player dribbling inside the arc when we know they are down 3?

Then our last offensive possession in OT was worse. Just dicking around beyond the hash marks. No urgency. No need to initiate the offense. Let’s jack up a contested 3.

It’s cool though, eventually Manning will bring in better players and we won’t need coaching. Hats what I keep hearing, anyway.

And the better players are guys ranked at the same level of Dick Wash and Daniel Green.

Hope springs eternal when you are fucking stupid.

I will say that while Danny Manning is awful, Brandon Childress played with the poise of a high school junior down the stretch. Simply terrible decision making all game. His shot fell, but he simply cannot be the primary ball handler for us, as many have hoped he would become.

We need to trash this awful three guard point guard by committee situation and let Junior run the offense. Hell, Johnson can barely dribble and he’s running the point down the stretch? Chill can hardly break a press as a junior starter on an ACC basketball team. Ouch. Just ouch.

I hope we don’t lose Sharone Wright Jr. when Manning is shown the door. That kid is our second best player behind Hoard.

And I’m beginning to wonder if I’m too old to ever again see a day when Wake is again a respected member of the ACC.”

Ditto.

Dick Wash asks on Twitter what do you think the solution is. Clearly, he knew to get away from Manning.

I lost faith in Manning a little after halfway through his first year. The guy has no business being a HC in the ACC and that’s been painfully obvious for a while. I never thought I’d lose faith in the University, administration, and BOT, though...

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I decided to read Les' game recap article on 247 Sports, and in doing so, this gem was uttered by Smokin' D-Man: "We shot 56 percent for the game, so it wasn't offense. We shot 44 percent from 3. The free throw line...blah blah blah..."

Um, hate to break it do you Einstein, those 22 turnovers HAPPEN WHEN YOU'RE ON FREAKIN' OFFENSE!! Your sets stink and your players ability to execute them ain't much better apparently. So if turning the ball over isn't offense, then what is it? Just poor pre-offense??

FIRE THIS MAN BEFORE THE NEXT GAME.

Geez. “We shot well when we actually bother to hold on the ball” is pretty poor logic.

when I stated that HBU scored 15 points in the last 2:00 of regulation, that was actually not true

they scored 15 points in the last 90 seconds of regulation, on 7 possessions

that's 2.1 points per possession, which is...horrible defensively, but we've had similar endgames probably a dozen or more times with Manning

we're inexcusably horrible, again, defensively

#newbeginnings

Now I understand the motivation behind #newbeginnings. Try to keep the focus off of the endings.

we play stand around offense, stand around defense, and stand around rebounding

the level of team play is minimal in a team game

there is more movement in an old folks' home than in Wake basketball

Dick Wash asks on Twitter what do you think the solution is. Clearly, he knew to get away from Manning.

Woods, Moore, Crawford, Mitchell, Dinos, Eggleston all knew to get away from Manning too. I’m sure I’m missing someone.

Here's some news I missed earlier this month:
Report: Rockets lure assistant coach Jeff [Redacted] out of retirement with ‘significant raise’

There are people who think next year’s recruits are good. Because most Wake fans are fucking morons

From the videos I've seen, Massoud can flat out play. He looks to be a true new era player. At a long 6'8, he can shoot from distance, rebound a bit, handle and looks decent on D. I can't say that about the others, but leave him out of that statement.

these two consecutive posts made me LAFFFF

Not too surprising since Dan doesn't work for the Journal anymore. I do think you will see Les and Conor start to take the gloves off , but it will be a slower process, since they need to retain some objectivity. One big difference between Manning and Clawson is that Clawson appears to be highly respected by the press for being a straight shooter, while Manning is arrogant, and no fun to cover as he avoids the tough questions.

Back