• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report on Houston Baptist Huskies - Friday November 23 - 2 pm ACC Network

I hate that our players couldn’t go home for Thanksgiving because they have to play this poor team. I feel even worse for the HBU players. They don’t get to cash the guaranteed money the school gets from flying out for this game.
They do get to have a program to play for.

playing a collegiate sport means missing holidays. It's in the job description

playing a collegiate sport means missing holidays. It's in the job description

Yeah I know. Just wish it was for a better reason than this.

Yeah I know. Just wish it was for a better reason than this.

What a weird thing to complain about.

Aside from a few tournaments, pretty much every other P5 program is playing a game like this around Thanksgiving.

And it’s not like we didn’t just participate in one of those tournaments.

Thanksgiving in a legit tourney in the OC > Houston Baptist

Thanksgiving in a legit tourney in the OC > Houston Baptist

Of course... I just think your posts were silly.

If you were really worried about D1 athletes missing Thanksgiving, you should be happy the Myrtle Beach Invitational was last week and at least the team was back on campus today (and had all week off).

But if you were serious, the worst scheduling I've seen in that vein is Georgia Tech playing #305 UT Rio Grande Valley on Wednesday night and then #277 Prairie View A&M tomorrow.

As Deacons, are we allowed to yell 'Beat the Baptists' this afternoon?

I hope moving to the 20-game ACC schedule will rid us of one of these useless cupcake games. The season starts in early November, but there are such few games to get really all that jazzed for in the first 2 months (especially when Wellman is making the schedule). Yawn.

Good question. We will have to be more Demon than Deacon. What is their mascot anyway?

Huskies - a dog known for its love of hot and humid weather.

I can't believe one of the seat resellers wants over $40 for some seats.

Remember, Wake is no longer officially affiliated with the Baptists. They are just part of Wake's heritage.

Houston Baptist plays their home games in Sharp Gym, capacity 1,000

unless I'm seeing the vistors' side, that 1,000 capacity looks generous:

1280px-HBU_Basketball_CIMG8372.JPG
donaldross wet dream.

Back