• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dear RChill,

DeacDaddy

Hoping Against Hope
Reaction score
Good day to you, kind sir! We hope this missive finds you well. It is us, your loyal subjects, writing with a meager request on this Blackest of Fridays.

As you may have heard, our woeful kingdom has taken a minor step back this afternoon. Only a small setback, we are sure, but enough to concern some of us admittedly very meager peasants.

We have suffered a loss to the Baptists of Houston; their terrifying prowess just proved too much for our perpetually young soldiers to withstand. We fought valiantly, but who could have overcome those Houstonian Huskies? Certainly none of our neighboring kingdoms to the East. The beasts outmatched, outwitted, and outlasted us, and we must now carry these wounds forward into future battles.

Now to our question, put forth in meekness and humility: you have, in your infinite wisdom, repeatedly and dutifully instructed us, the unlearned, as to when we should be permitted to question that great leader of men, Sir Daniel of Manning. We have gathered ample evidence from our weary war-witnessing that perhaps Sir Daniel was not prepared for these fights that daily await him. And as you well know, they are only going to get worse.

Yet you have continually told us we were not sufficiently educated to make this determination.

My lord, would you be so kind as to reconsider your ruling? Sir Daniel has been generously remunerated, and we believe it is time for new blood.

Respectfully, do we have your permission to revolt? While we understand you may have additional data to analyze on your abacus, we would appreciate a reply forthwith. The natives are getting restless.

Most mellifluously,
ogboards.com

giphy.gif

Might as well start your exile now chief, so you can move on and start enjoying your life for once.

If Manning isn't fired by December, I think I'm taking a leave of absence from watching ANY Wake related sporting event after the New Year. And Wellman's retirement better be announced by Christmas or I'm out for good. But he can "win me over" by acting now, severing ties with that emotionless void of coaching knowledge, and hire Ernie as an interim, after which he announces the intent to assemble a coaching search committee and recusing himself from the process. Cha' right, that'll happen.

Bye bye Wake Forest sports come January 1, 2019. What Wellman has done to this once proud BB program is unconscionable and I have lost my desire to care about Wake sports anymore. Thanks a lot Ronnie!

Might as well start your exile now chief, so you can move on and start enjoying your life for once.

If Manning isn't fired by December, I think I'm taking a leave of absence from watching ANY Wake related sporting event after the New Year. And Wellman's retirement better be announced by Christmas or I'm out for good. But he can "win me over" by acting now, severing ties with that emotionless void of coaching knowledge, and hire Ernie as an interim, after which he announces the intent to assemble a coaching search committee and recusing himself from the process. Cha' right, that'll happen.

Bye bye Wake Forest sports come January 1, 2019. What Wellman has done to this once proud BB program is unconscionable and I have lost my desire to care about Wake sports anymore. Thanks a lot Ronnie!

The fact that Wellman still has the opportunity to win people over baffles me. How people hate [Redacted] or Manning more than him is beyond me. I have my theories, but I hope I’m wrong and someone can provide a rational explanation.

The fact that Wellman still has the opportunity to win people over baffles me. How people hate [Redacted] or Manning more than him is beyond me. I have my theories, but I hope I’m wrong and someone can provide a rational explanation.

Well he got the fuck out of the way and we got Clawson. So fuck you buddy, and have a nice day!

The hill is the “Wellman sucks and should get fired too hill” which is not a bad hill to die on.

Jesus H, who doesn't believe this? I mean, of those who really pay attention, who doesn't think Wellman should be fired?? But that doesn't mean Manning shouldn't be fired just on GD principle. He's a HORRIBLE freaking basketball coach. End of story. There is no nit-picking that will change that.

So stop making straw man arguments. This is not the time R-Shill. Just get into the group hug of hate for Ron Wellman or just shut up. Or better yet, go away.

The hill is the “Wellman sucks and should get fired too hill” which is not a bad hill to die on.

He’s arguing that Manning only deserves to be fired if Clawson is fired too.

He’s arguing that Manning only deserves to be fired if Clawson is fired too.

Looks to me like the argument is that ‘there is no reason to retain Wellman, even with the success of the Clawson hire, because while Clawson has been good for FB, he’s not been so fucking amazing that Wellman deserves any credibility or confidence of the fan base.’ This all started because someone said that their faith in Wellman would be restored if he fired Manning now, and RChill called bullshit and said Wellman deserves no faith or leeway.

Wut? Would love to see the leaps you took to get there.

You keep posting that Clawson is just as bad as Manning. This is weirdly after you admonished anybody who compared Manning and [Redacted]’s records.

Anyone who doesn't understand that the standards for success at Wake Forest are different for football and basketball, as measured by winning percentage, is just stupid.

Back