• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do the honorable thing

mebanedeac

Reaction score
There are growing expressions of desire, even demands, that DM be fired. But he should spare Wellman that difficulty. Out of respect for the opportunity granted to coach basketball in the toughest conference in college basketball, Mr. Manning should simply admit that he was not ready for the challenge and resign. He could leave with honor and with more appreciation than bitterness in the fanbase if he would humbly walk away now before it gets worse.

Today's loss was utterly inexcusable. He was completely out coached. He has better and taller players...quicker players, and he was out maneuvered throughout the game.

Time to resign!

Wellman long ago should have done the honorable thing.

All into this class/high & mighty plastic thing for years, Wellman proved to be a classless, selfish, ego driven prick who could care less about our University.

Of course, we should be more mad at ourselves. We chose this path.

Wellman should be fired for cause if he gave DM a multi year extension. Just stupid beyond belief particularly after he witnessed how a 10 year contract backfired for Grobe. Just financial incompetence.

Under Wellman, there is neither pride nor honor in our basketball program. That's the culture that Ron has systematically imposed over the last decade.

Bunch of talk on here about what should happen and concern how disappointing if nothing happens but everyone agrees Danny will be out before the conference schedule starts.

Everyone wishes him well. Ryan will turn things around.

Bunch of talk on here about what should happen and concern how disappointing if nothing happens but everyone agrees Danny will be out before the conference schedule starts.

Who is Ryan?

Don't hold your breath until it happens.

Wellman should be fired for cause if he gave DM a multi year extension. Just stupid beyond belief particularly after he witnessed how a 10 year contract backfired for Grobe. Just financial incompetence.

Grobe earned his extension with an ACC title. Manning hasn’t earned crap. Wellman also had just extended Dino before he fired him. Paying off Dino and Manning should come out of Wellman’s WFU retirement plan.

This is the same guy who threw away our 2017-2018 season because he was too stubborn to adjust his plan to go with a four guard lineup despite losing to Georgia Southern, Drake, and some team even worse can’t remember.

So yea I’m sure he’ll give in on this one and walk away because it’s “honorable”

Grobe earned his extension with an ACC title. Manning hasn’t earned crap. Wellman also had just extended Dino before he fired him. Paying off Dino and Manning should come out of Wellman’s WFU retirement plan.

My recollection is that Wellman offered a 10 year contract as the sweetner after Grobe almost left for Arkansas. Wellman went overboard and shot his wad unnecessarily. My point is it is idiotic to offer 10 year extensions, and anything more than 3 years for Manning is malfeasance.

Wellman long ago should have done the honorable thing.

All into this class/high & mighty plastic thing for years, Wellman proved to be a classless, selfish, ego driven prick who could care less about our University.

Of course, we should be more mad at ourselves. We chose this path.

Let me know when I made any choice that contributed in any way to the current situation. You know, you can give your input without blaming the other fans.

Work out a settlement and walk. Have some pride, Manning.

Pride in the coaching community is a rare commodity. No young coach wants to be labeled as a "quitter," or viewed as not being able to meet the challenge. That's career suicide. He'll have to be forced out.

Let me know when I made any choice that contributed in any way to the current situation. You know, you can give your input without blaming the other fans.

You aren’t publicly and privately calling board of trustee members to demand change. I’m sure you know some of them. They tell me no one else is calling them and awkwardly forcing the issue. That’s because it is socially a hard thing to do and puts you in a very tough position with the whole AD. I was in that same spot for years. I was part of the problem. If enough people like you get out of that box, we can force Wellman out. Because enough don’t want to rock that boat, our losing is directly the fault of our losing alumni base.

Pride in the coaching community is a rare commodity. No young coach wants to be labeled as a "quitter," or viewed as not being able to meet the challenge. That's career suicide. He'll have to be forced out.

is there a difference between a “quitter” and a quitter?

Back