• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unc fires Fedora

UNC fans actually seem to be excited about the hire. UNC fans are dumb.

I can't believe the UNC fanbase would be happy with the Mack Brown re-hire? He ditched them for bigger things as soon as he could after a few years of success. He is pretty old and tired, hasn't coached in 5 years...etc....

Good thinking by the Heels, just look at how well it worked out for Louisville bringing Petrino and how well it's working out for the Raiders bringing Gruden back.

I can't believe the UNC fanbase would be happy with the Mack Brown re-hire? He ditched them for bigger things as soon as he could after a few years of success. He is pretty old and tired, hasn't coached in 5 years...etc....

Check the comments on the article posted above...those are from the thread on the UNC 247 board. To be fair, UNC boards are full of the equivalent of our FB Group fans, but the overwhelming majority are excited about the hire based on a quick scroll through.

Check the comments on the article posted above...those are from the thread on the UNC 247 board. To be fair, UNC boards are full of the equivalent of our FB Group fans, but the overwhelming majority are excited about the hire based on a quick scroll through.

How's the meltdown going on the IC board when they found out they weren't getting Belichick, Saban or Meyer?

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAH what a UNC thing to do. Bubba Cunningham is chasing Wellman for worst AD in the ACC.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAH what a UNC thing to do. Bubba Cunningham is chasing Wellman for worst AD in the ACC.

Nah. This hire looks pretty good when compared to bz and manning back to back.

Ridiculous hire. Dude is also attached to the 18 year cheating scandal. In fact if I recruited against him, id tell the mommas he pioneered the cheating at UNC.

Ridiculous hire. Dude is also attached to the 18 year cheating scandal. In fact if I recruited against him, id tell the mommas he pioneered the cheating at UNC.

Considering he and Dean actually did come up with it I don't think that's such a far fetched story....

The record says Debbie Crowder started the paper classes in 1993. In addition 80% of Brown's players were AFAM majors. He basically cheated his whole UNC tenure. He is just as dirty as Butch Davis. UNC basically hiring a known cheater. It's unreal.

Why do you guys sound so scared of this? UNC is going to continue to be mediocre until he’s gone.

Why do you guys sound so scared of this? UNC is going to continue to be mediocre until he’s gone.

Weird that our laughter sounds like screams to you.

Who sounds scared??? I think we all agree (right deaconbd) that this looks like a bad hire on their part.

I saw yesterday that Elko was on a list of Top 10 possibilities for the UNC job.
However, after his A&M defense gave up 72 points Saturday night, I guess his stock went down.

High School recruits won't even know who he is; but their parents might.

Brown will bring a spotlight back on the Tar Heel program, for better or for worse.

Hiring Bill Dooley did somewhat work for WF. At least, he knew how to run a program.

Count me in as laughing at the Brown hire. He did a good job there but bolted as soon as he could get a top job. In addition, he was 1 of the causes of the Tejas decline. His recruiting classes had started to fall off his last few years, and he was coasting on his rep after his natty. At his age, he better have a great OC, DC and recruiting coordinator if he's going to have any chance of success.

Back