• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greg Dortch wins ACC's Brian Piccolo Award

deacondamo

El Jefe
Reaction score

Please come back Greg. You can be an All American and re-write the record books next year.

Congrats Greg!!

Good luck in the NFL! Don't risk injury and get your money.

Congrats Greg!!

Good luck in the NFL! Don't risk injury and get your money.

Why would you say this? Do you have any projections or scout reports that even have him as a mid-round pick? You want him to have a career like Jon Abbate?

If he's going to get drafted (unlike Abbate), he's crazy not to leave. He's been injured in each of his seasons here. There's no reason to chance that, especially at his size.

Greg, do you you feel is best for you and your future. This is about you. We are behind you all the way in your decision whatever that may be. We love what you have given to us, the football program and the University and hope that we can give back some of what you have given us. Glad to have you in the Wake Forest family- forever.

Abbate was projected in round 5-6. I assume that's around where Dortch will be, but the thought is so currently out-there that zero scouts (that I can find) appear to have scouted him for the 2019 draft.

I think Greg could have an awesome career in the NFL. If he's projected in the first 3 or 4 rounds, I wouldn't fault him at all for leaving. However, he's only played a season and a half of collegiate football, and I think he could significantly improve his draft stock by coming back. We'll see what his stock looks like in a few months, though, as he'll certainly get some attention.

Congrats to Greg! Well earned award. A fitting recognition for the hard work to come back from the surgery.

An award named for a great Wake player and bestowed upon a great Wake player. Symmetry is a beautiful thing. From Highland Springs to Wake Foest to ...... best to you whichever option you choose and whenever you decide. RICHMOND Times-dispatch named him the FBS player of the year for the 804 area code in the paper this am.

Greg, do you you feel is best for you and your future. This is about you. We are behind you all the way in your decision whatever that may be. We love what you have given to us, the football program and the University and hope that we can give back some of what you have given us. Glad to have you in the Wake Forest family- forever.

You missed your calling to write greeting cards. Very solid, sincere and touching words.

Besides his speed and quickness, what really makes Greg Dortch special as a WR is mostly between his ears. He is totally FEARLESS.

Besides his speed and quickness, what really makes Greg Dortch special as a WR is mostly between his ears. He is totally FEARLESS.

He also has great hands...something that the Panthers' premiere speed receiver could use.

I love Brian Piccolo...

http://www.espn.com/espn/blackhistory2007/columns/story?columnist=lapchick_richard&id=2762772

During warm-ups before a game at Wake Forest, Hill was the target of racist remarks and taunts. Brian Piccolo, who later played in the NFL and became the subject of the movie "Brian's Song," was Wake Forest's captain. That day Piccolo showed the crowd a preview of his feelings on race which would later be depicted in the movie about his profound friendship with the great African-American running back Gale Sayers. In a remarkable gesture for that era, Piccolo walked over to Hill and apologized for the fans' racist behavior. Piccolo put his arm around Hill and led him toward the Wake Forest fans, silencing their taunts. Hill recognized Piccolo as a hero long before America did.

Brian Piccolo was a great FB player for Wake but even a better person and representative of Mother So Dear

Back