• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Richmond Spiders -- 7:30 pm Saturday NBC Sports Network

Childress with the wrap around pass to Hoard for the dunk!

Except that wrap around just hit the Richmond center in the stomach. Never really wrapped around. He’s a backup lead guard, meaning he’s thinking about scoring, not a true point guard. Hell, we could use Scotty Feather.

That’s why Wright is trying to facilitate. They all are, but they don’t take care of the ball. Wright is dribbling up the court and I’m like...here comes the turnover...yep...travel.

No point guard. That’s how you get that awful turnover stat and awful conversion to easy buckets. We completely outclassed them athletically.

No offensive game plan. No point guard. Bad coach. Loss.

I watched the first minute of the press conference after the game and I couldn't watch anymore. From just Manning's opening statement, it seems like Manning blames the loss on two things: the players didn't take care of the ball nor did they manage to stay in front of their men on defense. Sure seemed like he was putting it on the players more than himself.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...ning-after-84-74-loss-to-Richmond--125728528/

Yeah, just wait until we get rid of that defensive dead weight from Wilbekin and Crawford and Dinos and Woods

Hey, check out Sports Reference defensive ratings for Woods at OSU vs his rating at WF

What are the numbers?

I watched the first minute of the press conference after the game and I couldn't watch anymore. From just Manning's opening statement, it seems like Manning blames the loss on two things: the players didn't take care of the ball nor did they manage to stay in front of their men on defense. Sure seemed like he was putting it on the players more than himself.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...ning-after-84-74-loss-to-Richmond--125728528/

Did he have his chuckle with him? The one that says " I don't care. Got paid."

What are the numbers?

Lower numbers are better

At WF Woods’ defensive eating was 112.8 (112.8 points allowed per 100 possessions)
At OSU so far it’s 92.0

Thank God we don’t have to worry about him anymore

Horrible. Fire him now

I watched the game and it is laughable that Wake is paying Manning anything to "Coach" this team.

Lower numbers are better

At WF Woods’ defensive eating was 112.8 (112.8 points allowed per 100 possessions)
At OSU so far it’s 92.0

Thanks. I thought Woods was a little sub par on defense but so was everyone else.

Wake has had some really nice athletes that could not defend a cool breeze.

Don't even care, I'm rooting for our opponent the rest of the year. We need 20+ losses. We need a new coach. Period.

You know I am always probably willing to give a coach an extra year than most fans but this is really embarrassing. Manning shouldn’t make it to the new year. That is why the job pays so much, because you have to produce and if you don’t, you get canned.

Gotta pull the plug and start the search. This is two straight years of complete embarrassment. Year 1 and 2 had some signs of building and we were coming off [Redacted] with grants some leeway in my book. Year 3 had a lot of good moments. 4 and 5 have been unmitigated disasters.

He does this every time. I can't stand to listen to the man speak anymore.

Turnovers. Wake Forest 15. Richmond 3.

Points off turnovers. Wake Forest 2. Richmond 28.

Could say more. Why?

Yup. This.

Wake defense did nothing to slow down Richmond.

Wake offense shot itself in the foot often.

Bad combo.

If Manning were fired, at least Wake fans could begin pulling for the team.

Maybe even go to a game if they showed a little promise. There is a bit of talent out there.

As someone mentioned earlier, Manning is just stealing at this point. So is Wellman.

Lower numbers are better

At OSU so far it’s 92.0

You're acting like the teams have equal talent.

Also, take a look at O$U's schedule so far. It's horrific.

He's a terrible defender.

We haven’t had good effort on the defensive end in five years

They’re not quitting on Manning. They’re playing as they have been “coached”

Yep - there are a bunch of freshman playing meaningful minutes. They haven't quit - they are not being coached and motivated. They don't know any better. I feel sorry for them.

You're acting like the teams have equal talent.

Also, take a look at O$U's schedule so far. It's horrific.

He's a terrible defender.

OSU has played Cincy, Creighton and Syracuse so far. What are you talking about? Wakes schedule has been a complete joke.

The announcers for that game were brutal.

Got names wrong.

Terrible cliches.

Overexcited for no real reason.

Repeated tired lines over and over.

Saying things that are simply not true.

Throw in the fact that Wake Forest is terrible and nothing at all was enjoyable about watching that.

Back