• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Richmond Spiders -- 7:30 pm Saturday NBC Sports Network

I was out last night and went to check the score of the game when I knew it would be over. Saw the score and thought to myself, “Good”. I honestly don’t remember being like this during the [Redacted] years. Even with that clown the team could beat someone decent every now and then. This season is a new low, but piling up awful losses might change things.

Then again, maybe not. Watch Manning go 1-17 in the ACC with the one win being against Duke and Wellman names him coach for life.

That’s my worst fear. But as bad as we are, we won’t be within 20 points of any ACC opponent. This is worse than the Staak and Bz years. I’ve never laughed at how bad we are and cheered for the other team like I do now. It’s an all time low and I feel bad for the players and students. As students, we used to camp out in the Joel parking lot the night before Duke and UNC games to get the best Screamin Demon seats since the game was sold out weeks ahead of time. I was on ESPN with a W painted on my chest. 4 of us spelled WAKE and we talked to Dick Vitale. They loved us back in the day. Said the Joel was one of the hardest places to play for opponent road games. And that was in the Odom years. Before Prosser and tie dyes. Wow, we have sunk to levels I didn’t know existed.

I don’t disagree with much of that, but let’s not whitewash the [Redacted] years too much. We were beyond bad those years and rarely finished within double digits of an ACC opponent with multiple losses per year like HB and Richmond. There’s a reason we can’t type his name here.

I don’t disagree with much of that, but let’s not whitewash the [Redacted] years too much. We were beyond bad those years and rarely finished within double digits of an ACC opponent with multiple losses per year like HB and Richmond. There’s a reason we can’t type his name here.

he did beat Duke and UNC. (how, I don't know but he did)

I always suspected they rolled over on purpose, knowing he was at death’s door without a quality win. They didn’t want to risk having a quality coach here that was capable of challenging them for the top of the conference.

I always suspected they rolled over on purpose, knowing he was at death’s door without a quality win. They didn’t want to risk having a quality coach here that was capable of challenging them for the top of the conference.

haha. sounds about right.

little did they know (and us) manning was waiting in the wings

Where’s that classic gif of miserable [Redacted] facepalming after a 35 point loss to state? That was the more normal level of competitiveness under bz.

Where’s that classic gif of miserable [Redacted] facepalming after a 35 point loss to state? That was the more normal level of competitiveness under bz.
FFF-ME.gif

cGgZA.jpg

My god it was 36 points. I thought I was exaggerating when I said 35.

This was [Redacted]. Never forget.

I 100% agree. I just feel that we have crossed the point of no return. After high hopes most of us had when Manning was hired, 5 years later we thought we would be in a much better place. Instead, we are right back to where we were, with arguably more talent and better recruits. It’s depressing. The fact that so many players have transferred or left early should be the writing on the wall. There is a systematic problem with our basketball program and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

Deciding between the Redacted years and the Manning regime is like having both your legs amputated and deciding which one hurts most.

Definitely not trying to whitewash the [Redacted] years. They were fucking awful. With that said, somehow coach unwiped ass managed to win 6 conference games in his last two years with lesser talent and zero future NBA players. It will be a god damned miracle if we win 6 conference games this year.

I think I am angrier now because Danny has had talent to win but he can't coach. [Name redacted] couldn't even recruit the talent needed to coach in the ACC.

Definitely not trying to whitewash the [Redacted] years. They were fucking awful. With that said, somehow coach unwiped ass managed to win 6 conference games in his last two years with lesser talent and zero future NBA players. It will be a god damned miracle if we win 6 conference games this year.

True. We have a top 25 5 star on the team as well as a top 40 4 star. When was the last time we had 2 players ranked that high and were not competitive in the ACC? Ever?

Last four possessions we ran an iso for our frosh mucous. Despite two airballs, we went back to it. #successing

I think it’s generous to say we ran that. It looked more like Mucius just did it.

Back