• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Richmond Spiders -- 7:30 pm Saturday NBC Sports Network

Time after time Hoard started up top, passed the ball to the wing, and set up on the low block. No one ever passed him the ball. Watching Wake basketball is excruciating.

The announcers for that game were brutal.

Got names wrong.

Terrible cliches.

Overexcited for no real reason.

Repeated tired lines over and over.

Saying things that are simply not true.

Throw in the fact that Wake Forest is terrible and nothing at all was enjoyable about watching that.

And bad puns...

I think my ~favorite~ was, "Golden corrals a rebound." :rolleyes:

We are coached by a coach who has all the pedigrees but none of the intelligence or discipline to run a discernible offense. Watching WF on "offense" is much like going to the playground and watching a pickup game. That's all it is. A pass here and there, way too much dribbling then a shot form the wing or corner. ON the occasion we are able to get the ball inside is most often done by one-on-one dribbling for a contested shot. We suck, Manning sucks and we will always suck unless and until he is gone and we decide to hire a real coach who actually requires his team to play tough defense, to run a patterned, disciplined offense and who can make adjustments in the game depending on what the opposition is doing. Danny and the Miracles has become Danny and the Oracle - even while we suck we will do it my way so I can say "we played hard, but didn't execute" in teh post game presser. Execute what there Danny boy? No more than playground basketball. That's all you got.

There’s no excuse for the offense not running through Hoard. He has those skills even in a small ball lineup.

Fire Manning now. At least give Childress an opportunity to do something with this roster so this season won’t be a complete waste.

There’s no excuse for the offense not running through Hoard. He has those skills even in a small ball lineup.

Fire Manning now. At least give Childress an opportunity to do something with this roster so this season won’t be a complete waste.

I guess I'm being too optimistic but I honestly believe if only Childress and Nestor were given the reins, this team might actually look pretty decent by February.
Then again, maybe not. I'm not sure, however, it could possibly look much worse.

Time after time Hoard started up top, passed the ball to the wing, and set up on the low block. No one ever passed him the ball. Watching Wake basketball is excruciating.

Do what I do. Don't watch.

What? Now folks think Randolph is good? Is there any evidence of this?

I guess I'm being too optimistic but I honestly believe if only Childress and Nestor were given the reins, this team might actually look pretty decent by February.
Then again, maybe not. I'm not sure, however, it could possibly look much worse.

not sure if it could look worse or not at this point.

Give Nestor the interim job. Don't want there to be any temptation to make Childress the permanent coach.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but Hoard is not a guy who can be given the ball and go to work. Can’t shoot or dribble and doesn’t have a strong back to the basket game. He’s more of a garbage guy like Aminu than a creator like James Johnson.

Hope people are waking up to the fact that Crawford, Moore and Woods were good players.

I don’t necessarily disagree, but Hoard is not a guy who can be given the ball and go to work. Can’t shoot or dribble and doesn’t have a strong back to the basket game. He’s more of a garbage guy like Aminu than a creator like James Johnson.

Hope people are waking up to the fact that Crawford, Moore and Woods were good players.

I loved Crawford. I think his head is what held him back. He could have been great.

Give Nestor the interim job. Don't want there to be any temptation to make Childress the permanent coach.
Yes. We already struggle to fire failures. The last thing we need is a failure with major emotional ties.

I agree, Childress is still my all time favorite Deac. But I remember talking to a wuffie, and he talked about how bad it felt to have Lowe fired. I RC was ever to be head coach at Wake I would want him to have been the head at another school first.

He should be fired no matter what. So I’m not sure what emotion has to do with making him an interim or not.

Back