• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Birmingham Bowl, Deacs vs. Memphis Tigers

Nope. Too close to Open-air drug markets to have pep rallies.

I was hoping we could roll a police car and then set it on fire.

One without a corporate sponsor?

Anybody can call up and negotiate a block at a decent hotel. You don't have to be John Hancock or Tostitos or Poulan Weedeater to do that, especially in your home town.

One without a corporate sponsor?

I was wondering if it is worth it to Birmingham to have this bowl. No doubt it brings in some decent local revenue. But do they have any idea how many times the mention of this bowl gives rise to the opportunity for people just to disparage the city of Birmingham?

I suppose the answer is - how many times does the bowl even get mentioned by anyone other than the two fan bases involved?

Just seems odd that your financially supported effort to get your name out there becomes a chance for ppl to rip you, because that’s what ppl do.

The adage is, any PR, including negative PR, is better than no PR. It is an up and coming city. Would you rather they just give up and resign themselves to suckitude?
No reason Birmingham cannot become the next Charlotte or Raleigh. Got to start somewhere.

You might want to read up on their mayor. A young, African American politician who is extremely well liked by the business community. He is the antithesis of some of the clowns like Ocasio-Cortez in Congress.

Last edited:
I am not sure Texas currently has a single natural lake.

Caddo Lake and Sabine Lake are natural, but Sabine is saltwater. Both are on the Louisiana border; there are no natural lakes completely in Texas.

The adage is, any PR, including negative PR, is better than no PR. It is an up and coming city. Would you rather they just give up and resign themselves to suckitude?
No reason Birmingham cannot become the next Charlotte or Raleigh. Got to start somewhere.

You might want to read up on their mayor. A young, African American politician who is extremely well liked by the business community. He is the antithesis of some of the clowns like Ocasio-Cortez in Congress.

yes there is

Technically Jared is the corporate sponsor, though it seems like a pretty half-assed sponsorship

Technically Jared is the corporate sponsor, though it seems like a pretty half-assed sponsorship

Seems like the Bling Bowl would work.

Caddo Lake and Sabine Lake are natural, but Sabine is saltwater. Both are on the Louisiana border; there are no natural lakes completely in Texas.

I read recently that Caddo Lake is now damned, so some no longer consider it a natural lake. Sabine might be more properly known as a bay. Another one was mentioned. I forget it’s name, but it is almost always dry.

Oops.

Awwwww man, WFU1977 thought Randy Woodfin was "one of the good ones."

Awwwww man, WFU1977 thought Randy Woodfin was "one of the good ones."

Not sure why you are always such a pompous cynic. Sorry you hate yourself and life in general. I do like what Randy Woodfin is trying to do for Birmingham. And I will forgive him for feeling compelled to suck up to looney tunes Ocassio. He is much smarter than that. Be careful accusing me of racism.

Woodfin is very progressive. Not sure how you distinguish a lot of his views from AOC's (or that you can even give a list of three things that AOC has done that you believe makes her one of the bad ones).

Is there a more active Memphis board than the CBS one? That seems to be the only one I can find and it only has a handful of users and you can't seem to get approved

Back